Bora Rim Weight

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Luften

by Luften

Does anyone know the weight of the bora 35 tubular rims? Just the rims.

I can't find this anywhere!

fh8425

by fh8425

try this link, not sure if this is what you looking for. It says 1170 gram (for ultra) ..

http://www.campagnolo.com/media/files/0 ... OK-bis.pdf

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

vlastrada

by vlastrada

good try.... but that's the weight of the Bora 35 Ultra wheelset not the rim only :)

the Ultra 2 rear hub alone weighed a surprisingly porky ~284gr (vs the Bora One's 286g) as shown here (bottom pp1):
viewtopic.php?t=123986

So adding a guesstimate weight for the spokes (any ideas?) and subtracting the weight of the rear wheel (690g) should give you a rough estimate of the weight of the rim.

You could do the same exercise with the front hub, another porky ~98grams, as shown here by coloclimber: viewtopic.php?t=58853

no idea how much lighter the ultra 2015 hubs are...but the difference might not be that big...10-15g? knowing the actual weight of the rim would be much better of course...but this should give you a decent first order approximation... :)

Luften

by Luften

Ok so if we run the numbers I get 320-350g for the rim (using DT aerolite spokes, alloy nips and making some guess adjustments for a campag freehub and new version). Seems about reasonable I guess.

I just noticed that the Hyperon is heavier than the boras which seems weird... Anyone know if there's a new Hyperon in the works? Or what's going on there?!