Venge Vias Stop Sale and Potential Recall....?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

goodboyr

by goodboyr

If only spesh would just explain. They sure were talkative when the visa was released. White papers, etc. Now it's all quiet.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

pdlpsher1

by pdlpsher1

ergott wrote:So why is this a "problem" with the VAIS and no other bike? Is it because if the VIAS has the unique ability to self destruct if your skewer isn't completely tightened whereas other bikes your rear wheel simply locks up?

:noidea:

+1

Butcher
Shop Owner

by Butcher

ergott wrote:So why is this a "problem" with the VAIS and no other bike? Is it because if the VAIS has the unique ability to self destruct if your skewer isn't completely tightened whereas other bikes your rear wheel simply locks up?

Yes. If the frame did not break, do you think anyone here would be talking about it? If it happened to us on any other frame we would tighten the skewer and be on our way. With a Venge, you really can't.

Should Specialize design a frame not to break for situations like this? Maybe in the future they will, but I do not think you could engineer all the issues a frame could go through in real life.

As for Specialized coming out and explaining the cause, it's a huge mistake to blame your customers. As you know, the American consumer is the best example of perfection. Accusing the consumer that they left the skewer loose is suicidal.

I'm sold that the cause is the customer not securing the rear wheel properly before the ride. Fix that problem and the frame would not break. That's the reason for the lawyer tabs.

Calnago
In Memoriam

by Calnago

Perhaps it's best if the Venge Vias just goes quietly into the night...
Colnago C64 - The Naked Build; Colnago C60 - PR99; Trek Koppenberg - Where Emonda and Domane Meet;
Unlinked Builds (searchable): Colnago C59 - 5 Years Later; Trek Emonda SL Campagnolo SR; Special Colnago EPQ

Butcher
Shop Owner

by Butcher

As long as Peter keeps winning the Worlds on it, I think not, but it has had a rough start. Another year in R&D would have done wonders.