Need help on selecting Di2 for Cervelo R3 Disc

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

aih312

by aih312

Hi,

I need some help on what parts to order for my Cervelo R3 disc. So from what I could gather I will need

Front DRL
Rear DRL
Shifters (L&R)
Battery
Charger

So here is where I kinda get confused, what Junction boxes and cables do I need? I keep getting these odd prices and like blank looks from my LBS when I ask them what exactly I need (dont even get me started). I appreciate everyones help, also where in US is a great place to order it online

Thx

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

savechief

by savechief

There are some non-traditional setups when it comes to cables and junction boxes, but a more traditional setup would have:

Front Junction (Junction A; typically mounted under stem)
Either the SM-EW90 3-port or 5-port junction. If you don't plan on the climber's or sprinter's switches, go with the 3-port. For the 3-port, you will have both shifters connected, and the 3rd wire will connect Junction A to Junction B.

Rear Junction (Junction B; typically somewhere in downtube near cranks)
The Junction B meant for internal setups is SM-JC41. It's a rectangular block that allows four connections. 1 = Junction B to Junction A. 2 = Junction B to battery. 3 = Junction B to front derailleur. 4 = Junction B to rear derailleur.

E-Tube Wires
You will need five of the EW-SD50 E-Tube wires of various lengths. Two 300 or 350mm wires should be good to connect the shifters to Junction A. This page has some general length guidelines: http://www.competitivecyclist.com/learn ... ifying-di2
Time VXRS Ulteam (7.16 kg)
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=120268