Trek Domane frameset weight

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Slimtim

by Slimtim

Hello,

Does anyone know how much this frameset weighs? Ideally in a 54cm size.

I have done an online trawl and not come up with much except that the new version weighs about the same as the old one.

Tim

BRM

by BRM

The Trek Domain is an endurance bike. I should not bother too much about a few grams. You buy an endurance bike for other reasons than only just low weight.

Quick search came up with the following information:
----------------------------------------------------------------
Speaking of weight, all of that additional aluminium and steel hardware is obviously heavier than an equivalent all-carbon head tube but Trek claims that design efficiencies in other locations on the Domane SLR more than cancels that out. In fact, claimed frame weight is an impressive 950g for an unpainted 56cm sample – 100g lighter than the original Domane – plus 330g for the matching fork. Coates says paint will add 5-200g depending on the finish, and both the disc and rim brake versions are virtually identical on the scale.
----------------------------------------------------------------

Source:
http://cyclingtips.com/2016/04/2017-tre ... nd-review/

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Slimtim

by Slimtim

Hi BRM, many thanks for the link, I did look on cyclingtips but must have missed it. I totally agree about an endurance frame - as I'm coming from a Ti fameset (lovely but I have to finally admit not really my size) I'm happy that the Domane won't be heavier but should still provide the comfort. Thanks again.

shonanmike

by shonanmike

My 56cm Five-Series frame (without fork and without derailleur hanger. but with everything else) weighs 1140 grams.

Hope this helps.

grover

by grover

My 6 series 56cm was 1050 grams with the derailleur hanger and cable routing hardware.