Fair Wheel Crank test updated

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

madcow
Shop Owner

by madcow

Just a note to let everyone know that we've updated the crank test. We've added 5 more cranks, Ax-Lightness pelton, FSA K-Force(2017), Omc Italia, Thm SE, and Vision Metron. That puts the current test range at 20 different cranks with a few more planned shortly.

http://blog.fairwheelbikes.com/reviews- ... k-testing/

deek

by deek

Any plan to test the BB30 version of SRAM Red? It's really light, especially for the price.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Lelandjt

by Lelandjt

^The first thing I thought is, "They should be testing the BB30 versions of cranks with that option." It seems more frames are BB/PF30 than not and especially WW frames. If you care about stiffness/weight enough to read a crank test haven't you already settled on BB/PF30? I'm happy with the Reds I chose but maybe I shoulda looked harder at S-Works.

mrlobber

by mrlobber

I would like to see the Rotor 3D+ also tested ;)

I'm slightly surprised how the new FSA SLK Light came out, if only it had removable spider for a power meter...
Minimum bike categories required in the stable:
Aero bike | GC bike | GC rim bike | Climbing bike | Climbing rim bike | Classics bike | Gravel bike | TT bike | Indoors bike

mythical

by mythical

Once again, great effort! There are a few things I'm missing. Before, the graphs used to work and it was possible to adjust the table by the different values in the different columns. I'm also interested to see mentioned the Q-factor of each crankset. Other than that, keep up the good work! :thumbup:
“I always find it amazing that a material can actually sell a product when it’s really the engineering that creates and dictates how well that material will behave or perform.” — Chuck Teixeira

kevosinn
in the industry

by kevosinn

Awesome test as always. There is always one or two cranks that surprise me out of the group. Thanks a lot for taking the time to test these and share the data with us.

I really need to come by the shop when I come out to Tucson next month.
Www.crypticcycles.com Custom carbon frames, bar/stem combos, repair and component tuning.

reknop

by reknop

Kudos for the efforts the Fair Wheel Bikes test are always helpful, certainly when you want to buy new parts (stems, handlebars, and crankset)
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
https://www.cycling-review.net

wheelsONfire

by wheelsONfire

A bit off-putting for OMC which claims their crankset is so very very stiff.
Kind of a disappointment!

I am keen on Werts crank in that test and ofcourse also, when available, EE Cycleworks.
Bikes:

Ax Lightness Vial EVO Race (2019.01.03)
Open *UP* (2016.04.14)
Paduano Racing Fidia (kind of shelved)

Ex bike; Vial EVO D, Vial EVO Ultra, Scott Foil, Paduano ti bike.

KB

by KB

Jason. Thx so much for the work you do. Chainsets in particular can be very misleading as to what they actually weigh due to bottom brackets and chainrings. I always use your reviews as the definitive guide.

F45

by F45

I like the test for the stiffness numbers but for weight weenies it is of little use without individual weights of crankset, bb, and rings

trimenc

by trimenc

Thank you for taking the time and money to put together a test like this. It is great to have this kind of information available to us.

superdx

by superdx

The graph links don't seem to be working on the review. Thank you for taking the time and effort to do this!

4ibanez

by 4ibanez

Hmm so the THM SE's improved weight isn't at an insignificant cost to stiffness. Shows how good the classic is really!

russianbear

by russianbear

Awesome as always madcow!

endershan

by endershan

Thank you madcow! Any thoughts on testing the s-works crankset(2017)?

从我的 iPhone 发送,使用 Tapatalk

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com