Internal cable routing problem.

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Jml

by Jml

Hi everyone. Haven't visited this site for a fair few years and thought I'd post a quick question as you're all a very clued up bunch!

Recently taken purchase of a cheap carbon hack. Rt58 planet x carbon frame in which the seller had mentioned the frame can be internally routed but isn't. The fd and brakes are but not the Rd. The cable is meant to enter the fram3 just below the stem and travel under the bb and out to the Rd, problem is, it's getting stuck at the bb position.

Now apparently according to planet x, it has internal tubes so you would think it would be easy to thread it through. I have tried the cotton and hoover idea to no avail so it's over to you. I don't fancy taking it into lbs at this point.

Thanks.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

ms6073

by ms6073

Did you mean RT-80 as the RT-58 is an alloy frame? Check out this link to another site with a thread discussing a related issue: New Planet X RT-58 frame - bits missing?
My suggestion would be to take an old cable with the tip soldered or glued to prevent fraying (alternately narrow gauge wire such as is used to hang pictures on the wall), start at the RD and fish the cable into the frame towards the front to see if there is a blockage.
- Michael
"People should stop expecting normal from me... seriously, we all know it's never going to happen"

Jml

by Jml

Yes I have already read that, mine is the same carbon rt58 frame although they do a similar alloy one too with the same name. I'll have a go from the Rd when my near cables arrive. Thanks for the suggestion.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk