KMC 11 Speed Chains

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

GT56

by GT56

BRM wrote:Stop giving people names . . .
I have read your title and startpost.
You come with a question and failed to give PROPER insight WHY you want to know.
Also is missing on what drivetrain you want to use this chain. What your kind of use is, your expectations and wanted properties etc.
Your startpost lacks information there is no concrete reference that helps other people to think with you. I tell you in easy to understand tekst, whats wrong so that you can adapt more succesful ways but sadly you don't capture. Just because you dont see my text as an advice but as an attack. I simply made you aware how to steer receiving intelligent respons. Your focus should be on that.

What was holding you back to google on pictures of KMC chains? https://www.google.com/search?q=kmc+11+ ... gQ_AUIBygC
Next is that you asked if KMC chains are crap?
Means you got very little notice of whats written on this forum about chains. Because its discussed really many, many times.
I can't help don't blame me, I only analyse. :|

Maybe its time to do things different. :wink:
This is a specialized forum where people buying advanced and expensive parts and talk into the most little details. Often even on absurd miniscule levels that doesn't bother in real life. Then I expect intelligent ways in discussion, quality posts and an intelligent approach when people write a startpost. Sadly I see this forum not going up in quality but it goes downwards. More than one reason is responseble for that but one of them is too many 'brainfart topics' and too many topics of the same. (loop-topics)
Be honest: Your way has still nothing delivered anything what was not already written multiple times.

Again when you start a topic its is a good habit to think how others will receive it.
Go out from a situation where other people don't know anything from your person, situation and specific needs.

+1

reknop

by reknop

When I enter KMC chain in the search box I and hit enter I get 5108 matches :)

I needed to replace my 11-speed Dura Ace 9000 chain and seriously considered the KMC X11 SL (the gold version which is Ti-N coated).

- Sponsored Shimano pro-teams are all using Dura Ace components with Dura Ace chains (I only know Hugh Carthy's Fuji Transonic --> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XeMXdmb0IfM )
- I've read on this forum that the KMC chains would be noisier;
- A fellow WW commented that Bradley Wiggens used Dura Ace chain (hand picked from a specific batch) for his hour record;
- Dura Ace 9000 chain is E37,- while the KMC X11 SL (gold) is E50,- where the KMC X11 SL is 8 grams lighter but most expensive;

Overall I'm replacing an 11-speed Dura Ace 9000 chain CN-HG901-11 with an 11-speed Dura Ace 9000 chain CN-HG901-11. :)
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
https://www.cycling-review.net

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

BRM

by BRM

reknop wrote:When I enter KMC chain in the search box I and hit enter I get 5108 matches :)

When you are for longer time here on the forum, the chain topics passes by so now and then, people read them and capture some info. KMC chains are discussed so many times . . . .

Your comment also reveals something else:
- That the search function on the forum is lousy (as on many forums)
- Your searchterm is not unique enough

instead of the search on this forum use google with the following format
'searchterm' followed by 'site:weightweenies.starbike.com'

eg dump in googles searchbox>
11 speed chain site:weightweenies.starbike.com

:wink:

https://www.google.com/search?sclient=p ... SOoJk_7h7c

reknop

by reknop

BRM wrote:
reknop wrote:When I enter KMC chain in the search box I and hit enter I get 5108 matches :)

When you are for longer time here on the forum, the chain topics passes by so now and then, people read them and capture some info. KMC chains are discussed so many times . . . .

Your comment also reveals something else:
- That the search function on the forum is lousy (as on many forums)
- Your searchterm is not unique enough

Well BRM my comment was more directed to forum users not using the search box. I didn't need advice on the KMC chains after all, because I got my information a few months back digging through some old topics. (although I agree there room for improvement of the search function). I get a lot of value from older posts but you need to take some time to go through them.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
https://www.cycling-review.net

Valbrona
Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

by Valbrona

GT56 wrote:
BRM wrote:Stop giving people names . . .
I have read your title and startpost.
You come with a question and failed to give PROPER insight WHY you want to know.
Also is missing on what drivetrain you want to use this chain. What your kind of use is, your expectations and wanted properties etc.
Your startpost lacks information there is no concrete reference that helps other people to think with you. I tell you in easy to understand tekst, whats wrong so that you can adapt more succesful ways but sadly you don't capture. Just because you dont see my text as an advice but as an attack. I simply made you aware how to steer receiving intelligent respons. Your focus should be on that.

What was holding you back to google on pictures of KMC chains? https://www.google.com/search?q=kmc+11+ ... gQ_AUIBygC
Means you got very little notice of whats written on this forum about chains. Because its discussed really many, many times.

Maybe its time to do things different. :wink:
This is a specialized forum where people buying advanced and expensive parts and talk into the most little details. Often even on absurd miniscule levels that doesn't bother in real life. Then I expect intelligent ways in discussion, quality posts and an intelligent approach when people write a startpost. Sadly I see this forum not going up in quality but it goes downwards. More than one reason is responseble for that but one of them is too many 'brainfart topics' and too many topics of the same. (loop-topics)
Be honest: Your way has still nothing delivered anything what was not already written multiple times.

Again when you start a topic its is a good habit to think how others will receive it.
Go out from a situation where other people don't know anything from your person, situation and specific needs.

+1

BRM - Your level of pre-occupation with what people post is not normal, as is the way you react to perceived personal criticism. Your above comments make you look as if you have a disturbed personality.

GT85 - I think probably BRM and GT85 are one and the same person. It is interesting if you search how many time the posts of BRM and GT85 appear in the same thread. Often one just gives the other a '+1' comment.

BRM

by BRM

Your so called criticism is flawed on more than one level. Just sad you don't see it after my well-meant respons.
What are you batteling? Everyone can read your startpost and everyone can read my comment and every normal person must admit there is something right in my post. I dont have the intention to be arrogant or pull you down. I just wanted to help you in being more succesful in finding answers on your questions.

The way you look to things needs development. You do nothing with advice, totaly stuck in your own thinking.
There is where it goes wrong here, and where it will go wrong in a future topic.

And when others just see what I mean, you think we are one person . . . .
I never ever have given on this forum a post in the format of +1.
Neither we post frequently in the same topics. Look it up please. :)
You see things that are not there. Stop your paranoia and start to take advice as some serious information what you can use to update your knowledge and visions.

Hexsense

by Hexsense

BRM wrote:What was holding you back to google on pictures of KMC chains? https://www.google.com/search?q=kmc+11+ ... gQ_AUIBygC

+1 I think those question are all answered for many many time. If you think those answer are dated and need a new opinion then at least ask for updated opinion in the old topic that talk about this so people don't have to repeat what already there in the topic and just go on with what updated from where they were discussed before.