Cervelo C3 or Cannondale Synapse or Canyon Endurace or new Roubaix?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

jeffy

by jeffy

dasun wrote:
mpulsiv wrote:
dasun wrote:
When checking out the frame geometries, all mentioned bikes seem to be slightly more relaxed than the Defy, which is a good thing for me (I'm 41).

Where are you getting this information from? Giant Defy has the longest head tube of all. Don't give up on Giant, it's a fantastic machine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi, I was actually looking at the stack/reach numbers, and since my Giant was a size S, it also felt less relaxed than the Synapse in 54 I used to ride before.

Giant is difficult because rather than frame numbers they go for S/M/ML/L

a 54 is more towards the medium territory than a small.
to illustrate point. a small Defy can fit within 5mm reach (and same stack) as a 52 CAAD12
(with around 10mm more spacers, and a couple of degree of stem)

remember also that as the stack number of the frame increases, the effective reach increases., so take two bikes
stack / reach
(a)555 / 580
(b)540 / 580

if you tried to make the set up (handlebar position), the higher stack bike (a) would require a shorter stem, or
with the same size stem, the bars would be further away (effective reach), as the lower stack height means the headtube angle brings the reach closer (via longer 'above headset' exposed fork steerer tube).

dasun

by dasun

does any one by any chance have the frame weight for the regular Specialized Roubaix frame (not the S-Works Roubaix)?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

stormur

by stormur

Yeah, and my frame was one and only in the world ;) it's mass production n China. Serial work, serial quality level.

maybe you received first honest opinion ? :)

I'm servicing bikes for local club. That include few ( many ) cannondales; some himod, some not. Older models have absolutely better paint quality, but all are not finished as they should be. Even those which belong to people I ride with ( I watch carefully ) : ALL fit to same (mine) pattern. For me Cannondale is more religion than has something with any logic.

Quality is not the strength. For same money I ( anyone ) can have MUCH better made bike. From big brand, or from smaller one.

For me it look like Cannondale just rides on opinion about brand from the past. Plus their "innovations".... BB30 was already PITA, now it's BB30A .... same seatpost : 3 types, 2 from C, 1 from Enve. All above 200g. Tire clearance : 28mm, but low profile only on 15c rims only... Endurance ? Even my Wilier ( not endurance ) accept bigger / higher tires... .

trust me, simply run away ;) For the money , you can choose really fancy stuff. Like Scapin, Fondriest, Derosa, Colnago, .... "American" brands are so.... common. Basically behind every corner is at least one.

Do something different, unique. Something what describes you. Does it come from huge corporation making their stuff in China ?
Go to Heaven for the climate, Hell for the company.
Mark Twain

I can be wrong, and have plenty of examples for that ;)

wingguy

by wingguy

stormur wrote:trust me, simply run away ;) For the money , you can choose really fancy stuff. Like Scapin, Fondriest, Derosa, Colnago, .... "American" brands are so.... common. Basically behind every corner is at least one.

Do something different, unique. Something what describes you. Does it come from huge corporation making their stuff in China ?

Um, yeah. If you get a Colnago that costs the same as a Cannondale it does come from a huge corporation making their stuff in China. It will come from Giant.

stormur

by stormur

Colnago nor Giant do nothing in China. Some ( cheaper ) Colnago frames are made in Taiwan ( are made by Giant ) , isn't it ? Are not made by not known to the public by name manufacture somewhere in suburbans of Beijing... .

Flagships are made in Italy. Cannondale do not manufacture anything NOT IN CHINA... ooops, wrong : Cannondale does not manufacture anything at all ( it's not a manufacturer anymore ) . Other companies do that for them. Chinese ones. Exclusively.

How it sounds : Hermes scarf "made in China" , or Prada bag, Breitling watch... ???

And if you put in same row "made in China" and Fondriest or Derosa... what else left to discuss ? Nothing.

Cheapest Colnago ( and Giant btw too ) , made in Taiwan is made WAY better than high end Cannondale HiMod. Sad, I know. But true.

Last thing : "best" Cannondale is cheaper than best Colnago. Much cheaper (MRSP). But still not worth even 1/3 of its price IMO.
Mark Twain

wingguy

by wingguy

stormur wrote:Colnago nor Giant do nothing in China.

Wrong.

Flagships are made in Italy.

And are in no way comparable, price wise, to a Hi-Mod C'dale.

Cheapest Colnago ( and Giant btw too ) , made in Taiwan is made WAY better than high end Cannondale HiMod. Sad, I know. But true.

But no-where near true. Not at all. Your subjective opinion of the one bike you had is not the same as the facts about the entire output of the company. Frankly, at this point you're just polluting the thread with your irrational vendetta.

stormur

by stormur

You know what... you're right : Cannondale is the best. But I don't want it. We both know why ( but only one of us do not cheat himself ) . Or only one of us has enough courage to write truth straight and do not afraid how forum's mainstream will take it.

But if you really ( I mean really ! ) believe that my frame is exceptional, and all the rest of them all over the world are more than fine... you're also right. You can believe in whatever you want. Your inalienable right. Same as right to accept crap and believe it's super premium product. But don't expect that your choice become mine. That's not gonna happened.
It's only sad... ah, nevermind. I already know I'm waisting keybaord ;) real experience here doesn't matter, matters what "guardians of the flow" will say - that's "DaTruth" :welcome:

Last thought : bulls shit, no matter how advertised ... won't become pizza . ever. :mrgreen:
Mark Twain

wingguy

by wingguy

stormur wrote:You know what... you're right : Cannondale is the best.

No-one said they were the best - I am simply disagreeing with your claim that they are the worst. Only deliberate trolls try and flip things around like that. Why are you trolling?

But don't expect that your choice become mine.

Did I try and convince you to buy another Cannondale?

real experience here doesn't matter,

I have 'real experience' with far more Cannondale bikes than you ever have. Just as I have 'real experience' with Giants, and 'real experience' with Colnagos and 'real experience' with numerous other small Italian and big American brands.

But I guess what you meant is that only your own real experience matters :roll:

stormur

by stormur

yep. you're best :mrgreen:
Mark Twain

mpulsiv

by mpulsiv

Doesn't every bike has a sticker with an origin where it was made?! Out of Asian countries, Taiwan has always been the leader when it comes to craftsmanship.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Racing is a three-dimensional high-speed chess game, involving hundreds of pieces on the board.

:arrow: CBA = Chronic Bike Addiction
:arrow: OCD = Obsessive Cycling Disorder

dasun

by dasun

I am still not decided yet, but it seems like I will be going for the Synapse Black Inc 2017 as I will be getting a nice deal with about 20% off.

I have also been looking at the new S-Works Roubaix 2017, but don't really understand, why it is so expensive at about 9.500€. The Roubaix Pro, with Ultegra DI2 instead of eTap and the same frame and pretty much similar components costs 3.000€ less at 6.500€. Am I missing something? Why is the S-Works Roubaix so much more expensive? The cost difference between Ultegra DI2 and eTap shouldn't be that high. The wheels on the S-Works seem better as well, but again, that shouldn't account for the 3.000€ difference?