Campagnolo Hydraulic

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Valbrona
Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

by Valbrona

Anyone know yet what will be available as hydro? I'm guessing: SR, Record, Chorus and Potenza.

BRM

by BRM

Noone knows. And you could have guessed that . . . . :)

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Valbrona
Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

by Valbrona

Of course there are people that know.

1swiftvelo

by 1swiftvelo

Look for them late 2017.

XCProMD

by XCProMD

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk

XCProMD

by XCProMD

It's almost there.

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk

BRM

by BRM

Valbrona wrote:Of course there are people that know.

Maybe some people from Campagnolo but they are not going to tell you.

:)

BRM

by BRM

double post

fogman

by fogman

Don't know if or when it will be available, but am looking forward to seeing it released. At least it is showing up in prototype form.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It's all downhill from here, except for the uphills.

Westbank

by Westbank

Still no final design. All the bikes at Eurobike and Interbike had the famous Tech Lab label.
It’s really sad that it’s taking Campagnolo so long to release a road disc groupset. I guess they are putting all their efforts on a new version of the Corkscrew!

BRM

by BRM

When you should have read articles like this one here, you would have known, its not coming fast. End of story.

March 16, 2016

As representatives from the cycling media gathered in Gran Canaria for Campagnolo’s recent press camp, many were anticipating an announcement about a disc brake system. It came, but only on the last day with a brief peek at the prototypes that will be used by Movistar, Lotto-Soudal, and Astana for the upcoming Spring Classics.

Campagnolo was prepared to put its prototypes on display but the company refused to share any details on the project. Instead, Joshua Riddle, Campagnolo’s press manager, led the audience through the company’s prototype development process, which is largely handled by Campy Tech Lab.

Comprising some 50 staff, Campy Tech Lab is a special task force that exists within the company’s R&D department. The team works directly with Campagnolo’s sponsored teams and uses professional racing as its “most extreme testing ground” for its prototypes.

All of Campagnolo’s disc brake prototypes will wear the Campy Tech Lab logo during the coming season, just like the EPS prototypes that started appearing in the peloton in 2011. According to Riddle, it’s an important distinction because the company is not prepared to put its name to any product until it is satisfied with its performance and safety.

While Riddle refused to provide any details on the disc brake project, Lorenzo Taxis, Campagnolo’s director of marketing and communications, was happy to admit that the company was a latecomer to disc brake development. He explained that the company was in no hurry to launch a product and will devote the coming year to rigorously testing the safety and reliability of its prototypes.

Source:
http://cyclingtips.com/2016/03/campagno ... rototypes/

Calnago
In Memoriam

by Calnago

I don't believe Campagnolo has ever been fully committed to the idea of disc brakes on road bikes, and has been taking a "just in case" kind of development role. Following the market trend if you will, but wants to make sure it's going to stick before heading into full on production. They are not the behemoth of Shimano, and have no real presence in the mountain bike world, despite getting their feet wet years ago. They likely have to be very careful about new markets they enter these days, from a business point of view. So, they're working on getting them ready for sure but I would bet that they want to be certain the UCI is going to allow them in the peloton, because those are the bikes that showcase their products in the best light. Interesting times ahead for Campagnolo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Colnago C64 - The Naked Build; Colnago C60 - PR99; Trek Koppenberg - Where Emonda and Domane Meet;
Unlinked Builds (searchable): Colnago C59 - 5 Years Later; Trek Emonda SL Campagnolo SR; Special Colnago EPQ

knef

by knef

Can't they just team up with Formula (also Italian based) and get a head start? If I remember well, Formula had an EPS (v1?) compatible disc brake system. Seen it on Colnago stand @ Bike Motion some years ago... The Formula Oro discs on my mtb work flawless :)

fogman

by fogman

With the UCI not planning to resume disc brake trials anytime soon, Campy Tech Lab must not deem it urgent to release their hydraulic disc brake system to the public. But they do have the prototypes readily available to the pro teams just in case.
http://www.bikeradar.com/road/news/arti ... oon-48037/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It's all downhill from here, except for the uphills.

spookyload

by spookyload

Call me crazy, but even though that rotor says campagnolo on it, it looks just like my Magura Storm SL rotors. Exactly like them in fact.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com