Campagnolo EPS Hacks

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

lirek15

by lirek15

Hi,
Looking at building up my bike with record EPS and mulling over how it would be best to hide the DTI box neatly.
Does anyone know if it would be possible to connect both shifters to a set of extension cables that would then run into the frame and connect up with the DTI which would be hidden in the frame itself. I think a similar thing can be done with Shimano's Di2 system but I cannot track down any info if it's possible to do the same with EPS. I've seen extension cables for EPS but these just extend the battery-derailleurs connection.

Cheers

Butcher
Shop Owner

by Butcher

I installed my DTI inside the stem. There are no external wires but to the front and rear derailleurs.

The downfall is that I cannot see the diagnostic lights. I did attempt to run fiber optic cables to the top of the steering tube, but it was not long lasting.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

lirek15

by lirek15

Butcher, did you have to drill holes/ modify the stem in any way and what was the stem?
I am really set on trying to get the DTI inside the frame but without extending the shifter e-cables this would be almost impossible.

Butcher
Shop Owner

by Butcher

PM sent.

morrisond

by morrisond

A relatively tidy way to mount it is under a Computer mount that extends off the front - If you use a Computer Mount.

It's more Aero as well as it breaks the wind in front of the stem.... :D

morrisond

by morrisond

Yes - No problem at all - It makes it very tidy. Depending on the Off the front mount you can zip tie it or use Double sided tape.

I think Barfly does one.

What I personally use is the ENVE Stem and Garmin Mount with my EPS box under the Garmin - it really disappears and the ENVE Garmin Mount integrates nicely with the Stem - I then run the one EPS cable that goes into the Bike along the Rear Brake cable and shrink or zip tie it to that.

Nice and Clean.

Also make sure your EPS wires coming from the shifters don't have much slack as they exit your Bartape to make it extra clean.

No need to hide the EPS in your Frame if you do it this way and a lot prettier than mounting it on the stem.

sugarkane
in the industry

by sugarkane

In the stem works pretty sweet with v2, v3 is massive and you need the charger port so u till I bust one open I'm not sure if you can do the internal thing with it.. Not easy to extend the shifter wires they have 4 wires each internally.. I guess you can but not sure it's worth the hassle.. And yeah I've destroyed an eps controller so see what's going on..

lirek15

by lirek15

Thanks for all the replies.
Sugarkane if you've yet to do it then man I don't have much hope ;)
I think I will stick with putting the DTI on the bottom of a Garmin mount.
I'll post some pics when it's all done. It's too bad campy don't make extension cables for the shifters like Shimano.

scb

by scb

I just went through the same issues and ended up using 3m mounting tape under the stem. Previously had interface mounted under barfly mount and i didn't like having it out front so far.

lirek15

by lirek15

Thanks for the feedback all.
Finally built up my EPS V3 equipped bike. Ended up attaching the DTI to the side of my k-edge mount. All the electronic cables were nicely hidden inside the 3T bars and overall I think it turned out neat enough. I think I will try and attach the DTI using an adhesive of some sort to tidy it up even more (don't like the zipp ties much).
Anyone have a recommendation? What 3M tape works best?
Pictures of the setup in this thread.

viewtopic.php?t=142048

:beerchug:

mfuchs1

by mfuchs1

Here is a picture of my V.2 interface mounted under an older k-edge mount with the adjustable length.
Attachments
box.jpg

mvacolnago

by mvacolnago

This was my solution, This mount was made by Tilquist

rbibko

by rbibko

Butcher wrote:PM sent.

Butcher, any possibilities of getting photos from you of how you hid the interface unit? Thanks! Excited to come back to Campagnolo after years on Di2.

MikeyBE

by MikeyBE

Any chance this stem would be compatible with EPS? Or am I being a noob?

Link here: https://www.pro-bikegear.com/global/en- ... RO_SS_VIBE

Cheers!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com