New Build

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Superlite

by Superlite

Hello,

It has been a while, but I have a new build I just finished up, sans a few tweaks and needing bar tape.

I wanted to build something light weight, however as I haven't been an avid cyclist in years I choose to limit myself from the usual high zoot WW products. I kept it to around $2000 and did plenty of research, though some may question the chinese parts being used. So far everything has been great.

I decided on the the Velobuild 077 or LTK118 frameset to start the build. Here she is.

After much debate I also decided I wanted to try a 1x11 setup, not for the weight savings, though a bonus, but for the sake of simplicity. I really found myself enjoying just a single point to shift from.

For the wheels I wanted something more aero, so sacrificed some grams for a faster one.

Here is a list of parts

Frame Velobuild 077/LTK118
Wheels Carbonspeedcycling 38mm deep 23mm wide U shape clinchers
Shifters Ultegra 6800
Rear deraileur Ultegra 6800
Cassette Dura Ace 9000 11-28t
Brake Calipers Ultegra 6800
Crankset Cannondale SiSL w 44t narrow wide spidering
Kook Keo Blade 2 Ti
Tune KOMM Saddle
Seat Post Hylix
Handlebar Bontrager replica XXX integrated bar
Top Cap Tune
Vittoria Rubino Pro tires

Total weight without bar tape (32g uncut) is 6106g

I'm still deciding on which light weigh brakes to go with, easy 100g+ savings, Dura Ace/Alfine Shifter/Brake lever setup ~120g savings, DA RD 40g, cutting seat post ~40g, and bolt tuning ~30g.

Target weight 5800g, but we'll see how it goes.

Any input or suggestions appreciated.

Thank you!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

rowdysluggins

by rowdysluggins

Nice looking build!
Did you do a bare frame fork weighing?
How much does that saddle weigh?
I picked up a set of KCNC CB3's pretty cheap on ebay - $170 usd, but I can't find them at that price right now, They are very light (170g w/pads).
Not the greatest performers, but good enough for me, and a lot better than the some I've tried.
I really like the CNC version of the Planet-X brakes too, but they are getting harder to find. They used to be cheap too, like $110 a set. Not as light as the CB3s (like 196g or so), but they perform better.
The 6800 parts are killing you in the WW department, but you can't argue the price vs performance. :)

Superlite

by Superlite

Thanks!

Frame in a 54cm (M) weighed 827g including bottle cage bolts and derailleur hanger. Fork was 330g uncut. Saddle 98g.

ardi69gain

by ardi69gain

I bought used Ciamillo Zero Gravity @ebay and install them on my VB-R-077

Sent from my SM-A710F using Tapatalk