bontrager aeolus 3 d3 clincher

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

swissphil

by swissphil

Hi there
i'm new and i would like to say hallo to everyone

i've got a question about the bontrager aeolus 3 d3 clincher from a emonda slr9 2015.
i got a nice price for these weels, plus minus brand new. but...
it's possible to remove the bontrager stickers? they are red and i would like to remove them becaus i don't like the red stickers.

and a other question
bontrager says for wet conditions it's ok to use the black prince from swiss stop. does anybody use others? like the yellow one?

thanks for your answers

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

FIJIGabe

by FIJIGabe

Yes, you can remove the decals.

As for pads, they only approve the Black Prince Flash Pro Evo's (I believe, same as allowed to on Zipp wheels). I use those pads on my 404's and they're very good, albeit aggressive. They tend to wear pretty quickly but provide exceptional stopping power compared to other Zipp pads. The stock Bontrager cork pads are supposed to be very good, although they are bad in the rain.

swissphil

by swissphil

Thank you. Did you use also the zipp cork pads? Are they ok?

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

benhama

by benhama

I have a set of Bontrager Aeolus 5 D3's and love them. I use cork pads in the dry and Swissstop Black Prince Evos in the wet. They are the only pads that Bontrager approve. I had the white stickers on mine and removed them no problem.

nickf

by nickf

Been running the tubs for a couple years now. Just switched to the black prince pads, threw the cork pads out. Great wheels. All decals removed on mine.

swissphil

by swissphil

Thanks for all your answers. What about the durability of the bearings? Does anyone need to adjust or replace it? Stiffness of the wheel? I'm running a madone 7.9 52 cm and my weight is 72kg ...

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

benhama

by benhama

Durability has been fine so far. I've done around 5,000km in 6 months on them. I am 80kgs and have no issues in terms of stiffness and no brake rub pad rub. The wheels are on a Trek Domane 6.9.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

spandexboy817

by spandexboy817

They are pretty awesome wheels. I believe the hubs are based on the dt240 design and use some of the same parts. I never had durability issues and had a set of the 3s and 9s for 2 years.