Pinarello F8 vs. Madone 9.....

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

mile2424

by mile2424

Thinking about ordering a new frame and would likely do a My Way or a P1 custom paint build. Which bike does everyone prefer? Any ridden both? How do they compare? Take your pick and why? I know there have been other threads regarding both, but I haven't seen any comparing the two of them.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

spartan

by spartan

according to tour mag 2 watts more aero drag vs the madone. madone rides better with iso speed vs dogma's rigid rear end. imho the dogma is the sexier of the two. design is timeless. will be considered a classic in the future.

pricing/value. madone frameset module is a better deal. includes frame/fork/seatmast/brakes/integrated stem bar combo.
Current Rides:

2023 Tarmac SL7 Di2 9270
ex 2019 S-works SL6
ex 2018 Trek Madone SLR Disc
ex 2016 Giant TCRAdvanced Sl
ex 2012 Trek Madone7

ChiZ01

by ChiZ01

madone has 2 fit option, H2 is great for a more relaxed position, very few aero bikes have relaxed fit. Also with madone you get brakes included with the frame, not sure the price difference between the 2

AJ1980

by AJ1980

I prefer the dogma based on looks but I would personally visit a shop and test ride both first

PSM

by PSM

Lamborghini vs. Chrysler. :)

nd2rc

by nd2rc

How about Lamborghini vs. Corvette ... and last time I checked the Corvette matches up quite well. 8)

kgt

by kgt

ChiZ01 wrote:madone has 2 fit option, H2 is great for a more relaxed position, very few aero bikes have relaxed fit. Also with madone you get brakes included with the frame, not sure the price difference between the 2

H2 fit and aero is a contradiction.

CanadianBiker

by CanadianBiker

PSM wrote:Lamborghini vs. Chrysler. :)

I test rode both and bought what you call the "Chrysler" and I have never regretted it at all, I adore my M9.

M9, Speed Comfort and something unique when you ride it.

Take one out for a spin and tell us what you think.

kode54

by kode54

i've seen both in person. the Chrysler looks more modern with no cables showing. hidden brake cables and smooth handlebar with clip on rear tail light looked really slick. i hear its a bitch to put together.
- Factor Ostro VAM Disc
- Factor LS Disc
- Specialized Aethos Disc
- Sturdy Ti Allroad Disc
- Guru Praemio R Disc

Epic-o

by Epic-o

kgt wrote:
ChiZ01 wrote:madone has 2 fit option, H2 is great for a more relaxed position, very few aero bikes have relaxed fit. Also with madone you get brakes included with the frame, not sure the price difference between the 2

Why?

defride

by defride

Was out a couple of months back and a lad with a new Project 1 version in pale blue was being mobbed by interested onlookers at our cafe stop, every bit the Corvette rather than Chrysler and so much more impressive than the red version

Love the look of both myself, would be hard pressed if I had to decide

Kayrehn

by Kayrehn

Saw this one at the local Trek store ride, very pretty! Image

ghsmith54

by ghsmith54

^ That is very nice. I'm guessing that's also a Project One bike.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

RussellS

by RussellS

Epic-o wrote:
kgt wrote:

Why?

Because the purpose of the Trek H2 fit is to get the rider more upright. Supposedly some people are more comfortable in an upright position. The H1 fit is lower, shorter headtube. So when riding on the hoods or drops, your back is bent over more and you have less body going into the wind. Less wind resistance with the H1 than the H2. Aero of course is based on less wind resistance. So less wind resistance/aero and H2/more upright and more wind resistance are opposite of each other.

nemeseri

by nemeseri

RussellS wrote:
Epic-o wrote:
kgt wrote:

Why?

Because the purpose of the Trek H2 fit is to get the rider more upright. Supposedly some people are more comfortable in an upright position. The H1 fit is lower, shorter headtube. So when riding on the hoods or drops, your back is bent over more and you have less body going into the wind. Less wind resistance with the H1 than the H2. Aero of course is based on less wind resistance. So less wind resistance/aero and H2/more upright and more wind resistance are opposite of each other.

While I do agree on this mostly, I find the H1 to be too long for short riders like me. I would need a 90mm stem and I'd rather ride a h2 frameset in 50 with a 100mm slammed -17deg stem than the h1.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com