Aero bars and light mounts. The horror.

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Shrike

by Shrike

Seriously, do I have to come up with some nonsense like this to fit a light to the missus' Aeroad?

Why wouldn't Canyon design a mount for a light like the did for Garmins? Do Germans not ride at night?

Jesus Hirsute Christ.

Elegant ideas please :x

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

bikewithnoname

by bikewithnoname

Take a look at some of the lights that attach by silicone straps, Knog for example, or if you want something brighter Exposure's Diablo or any of the smaller lights than that should work
"We live in an age when unnecessary things are our only necessities." Oscar Wilde

Shrike

by Shrike

Cheers, will check Exposure out. Maybe shoot them an email and see which models would work.

Quite lazy like that 8)

RyanH

by RyanH

This should fit those bars and is good for most 2 to 3 hour rides:

Cycle Torch Night Owl Bike Light USB Rechargeable - Perfect Urban Commuter Bicycle Light Set - Bright TAIL LIGHT Included - Compatible with Mountain, Road ,Kids & City Bicycles, Increase Safety & Visibility https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00XJXP6V8/re ... 4xbRFBG8M4

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Delorre

by Delorre

Very clean and simple solution : buy a (cheap) 2nd helmet and mount the light on top, battery pack in the back pocket. Other benefit : you can point the light were ever you want when riding, a serious safety feature. I've doing it that way for 2 winters now, and would never go back to handlebar mounted lights!

wingguy

by wingguy

Seconded, love my helmet mounted light! I'd go so far as to say that pointing it exactly where I'm looking pretty much doubles the effectiveness of the light! I'm running a Diablo with Exposure's mount that clamps through a helmet vent so you don't even need a second helmet, and you can get an extra battery to piggyback it and double the runtime for hours of riding. Especially since you rarely need to run anywhere near full beam.

(Other bonus, you just need to dip your head to avoid dazzling cars instead of running a bar light pointed down all the time or having to constantly brighten and dim it - and if cars are coming at you with their full beams on, or are engaged in any other douchebaggery you can just look straight at them and they soon get the message :wink: )

glepore

by glepore

While I like the idea of a helmet mounted light, I dread the thought of falling on one. Think Michael Schumacher's gopro.
Cysco Ti custom Campy SR mechanical (6.9);Berk custom (5.6); Serotta Ottrott(6.8) ; Anvil Custom steel Etap;1996 Colnago Technos Record

kkibbler

by kkibbler

http://www.rec-mounts.com/products/cany ... 31-garmin/

I'm loathe to recommend REC Mounts on WW because generally they're not, but they do make good integrated solutions that nobody else makes. Once you have a GoPro mount, the sky's the limit on what kind of light you can mount.

Shrike

by Shrike

Thanks guys, checking them out and some others at the moment. The REC mount is similar to the official Canyon mount she has at the moment, but better, has more screw holes. Maybe the most tidy solution so far, would just need a light that attaches by GoPro style mount too..

Spotted this from Lezyne, looks like it'd work too. Anyone have one?

http://www.tredz.co.uk/.Lezyne-Power-Dr ... _82269.htm

ChiZ01

by ChiZ01

see if you can mount a gopro mount under it. Most lights have gopro mount adaptor

nycebo

by nycebo

Shrike wrote:Spotted this from Lezyne, looks like it'd work too. Anyone have one?

http://www.tredz.co.uk/.Lezyne-Power-Dr ... _82269.htm

I have the very same light on aero bars from Enve. It works very well and also comes with an adapter for traditional round bars if you ever have the fancy.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com