Look Keo Blade 1 experiences

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Hovis

by Hovis

No idea what everyone is complaining about, I've been riding Blade 1's for years, never had a failure and I love them. Everything breaks eventually, and you will always find stories of things breaking on the internet because that's where people go to complain. That does not make it a bad product.

I briefly tried the Blade 2's on my latest bike, also great pedals, but I did not like how they didn't hang in a predictable way, making clipping a bit of a gamble. I ditched them and went back to Blade 1's.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

BRM

by BRM

lol, That your single individual experience is good doesn't make it a good product either. :D

Sure, you Always will find stories on the internet.
You also will find always people that close their eyes for everything.

maverick_1

by maverick_1

I think damage on Keo Blade 1 mostly occur on pedals with 16Nm tension.
I suspect the higher tension causes the crack to occur on the body, as the composite material isn't strong enough to withstand the repeated engagement/release stress.

stk57

by stk57

Hovis wrote:I briefly tried the Blade 2's on my latest bike, also great pedals, but I did not like how they didn't hang in a predictable way, making clipping a bit of a gamble. I ditched them and went back to Blade 1's.

lol, That your single individual experience is good doesn't make it a good product either. :D

Sure, you Always will find stories on the internet.
You also will find always people that close their eyes for everything.

Ttttt, your reply just fell under BRM disapproval as he doesn't have any Blade experience. Only one experience matters here: his.

He probably never rode Keo but that's not the point here : He rushed to the keyboard to remind you that forums are made only for individuals or organization that can hold proofs of what they say and report for a complete study on this particular product. So stay out if it's not the case.

If WW members were asked for their feedback, we'd already knew. Don't forget: His rules don't apply to him.

Thanks to BRM, you've been warned and we all made progress on the issue. Isn't it a nice world we're living in ?

Anyway ...

I found the hanging way of the Blade 1 and 2 to be always the same but the hang position is different from the two pairs I use. I have one pair of each and to be clear : OK, both always hang badly (from the shoe I need to unclip/clip at lights or stops) but always in the same position ... which is different from a pair to another. I just learnt to get used to both of them riding each bike. It's easier having just one pair of shoe with Look cleats but I sure would not brag with different soles.

Oh, I just realized : 2 pairs of Look, only 1 S-work sole and so 2 tiny cleats. Ouch, so few experience to share, my dear. I'm good for a trip to the burning hell of ignorant riders ...