New Parlee models for 2017

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

greentimgreen

by greentimgreen

After the new TT model at Eurobike, Parlee have been teasing a host of new models for this year. On Instagram yesterday there were pics of a 'new' Altum, but I couldn't see any discernible differences other than the paint job.

Does anyone have the inside goss?!
2014 Parlee Z-Zero DADi2 & ENVE (6.2kg)
2015 Colnago C60 RSWH Campag Chorus & Mavic SLR (c.7kg)

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

AlphaDogCycling

by AlphaDogCycling

Both the Altum disc and Chebacco are going flat mount

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Arfer01

by Arfer01

Altum and Altum R are consolidated into one model just the Altum. Will be an in between price point. The lone Altum model seams to be the lighter of the original two but with heavier Gloss paint.

ESX is discontinued due to popularity of the Altum models.

TTir is now the sole TT model. Custom TT numbers are so low it did not make sense to refresh the toolings.

Revised custom paint options and stock options. More stock logo options are available for all models to try and lessen total number of custom paint jobs,

greentimgreen

by greentimgreen

Thanks both! Good info. Was really interested in a Chebacco, but will hold off and see what happens...

NiFTY

by NiFTY

Judging purely by the number on this board i think they shoukd reintroduce the z5 and get rid of the altum with its ugly hunchback. The z5 was the probably the most popular bike on this forum after the caad10 and the altum has not generated the same enthusiasm.
Evo 4.9kg SL3 6.64kg Slice RS 8.89kg viewtopic.php?f=10&t=110579" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Mr.Gib

by Mr.Gib

Shame about controversial looks of the Altum because it is a terrific bike. If the geometry works for you, it really ticks all the boxes. I never thought much about the "hunchback" one way or the other but after riding an Altum for the last few months the look has only grown on me. Someone described it as a modern looking frame and that is a fair description. But I get that the look is just a bit too different from the conventional norm to please the majority.

As for any changes other then paint, I wouldn't expect any for a while.
wheelsONfire wrote: When we ride disc brakes the whole deal of braking is just like a leaving a fart. It happens and then it's over. Nothing planned and nothing to get nervous for.

Arfer01

by Arfer01

Check Parlee's Instagram, paint and flat mount as was mentioned

Mr.Gib

by Mr.Gib

Are we counting flat mount as a change? OK then - there's a change.
wheelsONfire wrote: When we ride disc brakes the whole deal of braking is just like a leaving a fart. It happens and then it's over. Nothing planned and nothing to get nervous for.

Arfer01

by Arfer01

I think we just said that would be the only real changes along with paint options that we mentioned earlier

morrisond

by morrisond

Is the ESX/R gone as well?

greentimgreen

by greentimgreen

That's what I'm hearing... ESX and Altum R are going the way of the dodo...

Arfer01

by Arfer01

Please check my earlier comment, I used l to work for a large Parlee dealer but I still get on with the guys, had a big run thru at eurobike and those are this years changes.

greentimgreen

by greentimgreen

Many thanks Arfer01!

mrfish

by mrfish

Another +1 for the z5. If they updated the chain stays and bottom bracket then this would be a bang up to date frame with great weight and ride. Another option would be a horizontal tt version.

I have no idea why commercially it would make sense to bet the farm on the Altium as it doesn't fit with my view of what the parlee brand stands for.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

ewwhite

by ewwhite

I don't get it either. I'm riding a Z-Zero, but the models introduced after it don't seem to be anywhere near as elegant.