carbon seatpost recommendations

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

benzebub

by benzebub

hi guys,

I'm looking for a carbon seatpost, 27.2mm and 25mm offset, and was wondering what is out there on the market and is of good quality.
I was looking at the Enve seatpost but am concerned with slippage of the clamp..
But I could be wrong

lowside67

by lowside67

Ritchey Superlogic. Lightweight, solid clamp design, and easy to find.

Mark

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

nemeseri

by nemeseri

Another ritchey fan here! I've been using their superlogic post on my commuter / winter bike and I'm pretty happy with it. Since I started biking 3 years ago I used numerous products from them and never had any issue. Plenty online retailer and great value at every level.

corky

by corky

PMP, hope, WR composites, Fizik, deda........the world is your lobster

robertbb

by robertbb

I just dropped on an ENVE 27.2 0mm for my Canyon Ultimate SL. Will report back when I've got some time on it - it comes with a spare clamp especially for the oversized carbon rails on my San Marco Mantra Carbon FX, and looks sh1t-hot... so here's hoping it's functional in real life. ENVE is quality, so I can't see why it won't be! :beerchug:

kkibbler

by kkibbler

I use a 3T Ionic 0 Ltd. I like 3T's geared saddle clamp. Easy to adjust setback, and holds angle without needing much torque at all.

Bogan

by Bogan

I had an offset Enve one bolt post. It slipped constantly no matter what I did with the seat clamp. Carbon paste, double the recommended torque etc etc. The saddle still ended up pointing at the sky. I now have a Ritchey Super Logic, lighter and does not move!

Maybe the Enve 2-bolt post is better, it is certainly heavier!
MAMIL? Never. O.F.I.L. yeh! (Old F**ker in Lycra)

benzebub

by benzebub

the Ritchey flexlogic is also on my radar, but since I'm quite heavy (95kg) I'm afraid it might flex too much?
But I could be wrong

mrlobber

by mrlobber

The Flexlogic uses specially oriented fibres to provide the flex, thus, I don't think it would be too flexy for you.

The Superlogic in my hands down favourite of 27.2 posts with setback, and also happens to be the lightest after Schmolke, MCFK and AX.
Minimum bike categories required in the stable:
Aero bike | GC bike | GC rim bike | Climbing bike | Climbing rim bike | Classics bike | Gravel bike | TT bike | Indoors bike

fitty4

by fitty4

I have had no problems with enve single bolt post, oversized and regular clamp, look for instructions and grease the right places, careful not to overgrease it

racingcondor

by racingcondor

I have the Fizik and the clamping mechanism is very well thought out (easy to install, excellent micro-adjustment and doesn't slip over time like some can) and looks great. It's pretty chunky though so I imagine there are lighter posts out there.

benzebub

by benzebub

racingcondor wrote:I have the Fizik and the clamping mechanism is very well thought out (easy to install, excellent micro-adjustment and doesn't slip over time like some can) and looks great. It's pretty chunky though so I imagine there are lighter posts out there.

is this the 00 or R1 model?
But I could be wrong

cdtf

by cdtf

Don't get the Fizik 00.

Clamp mecanism is okay (but extremely heavy)
But the walls of the post are far too thin.
Mine cracked above the seatclamp at 4nm, with plenty of carbon paste. I'm also only 65kg.

Now waiting for the reply from Bike24.

Hope I will get my money back, as I really DONT want a Fizik replacement.

sugarkane
in the industry

by sugarkane

MCFK.. look great weighs feck all and works...
i saying that if you 'rough up' the inside of the enve 1 bolt posts and add carbon paste.. the work perfectly..

they have never been that 'weight weenie' though

benzebub

by benzebub

MCFK looks great but I'm spot on on the weight limit so I won't risk it..

anyone have experience with the Syntace P6? how does the setback compare to other posts? in theorie it's a 0mm setback post but the claim improved fore and aft movement because of the clamp.
But I could be wrong

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com