Campagnolo brake caliper nut threads question *Aluminum*

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

alcatraz

by alcatraz

Hey

I noticed Campagnolo caliper brakes have aluminum nuts to mount the brake onto the bike.

Does anyone know if campagnolo brakes use different threads than shimano/sram/rest of world? If it's m6 they should work on all caliper brakes.

I don't have campagnolo stuff but I am looking to replace my heavy steel nuts with something lighter. First I was looking at titanium but since campagnolo can use aluminum I thought I'd get that instead. Considering there is a safety issue I'd just get the campagnolo branded ones.

/a

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

AJS914

by AJS914

Campy brake bolts are standard. I've bought Ti bolts off of ebay and they fit the Campy brakes just fine.

BRM

by BRM

alcatraz wrote:I am looking to replace my heavy steel nuts with something lighter.

yeah, really worth it . . . . :mrgreen:
You will make your bike lighter with it but its so marginal that you can't measure . . . . lol

weight the whole bike before and after and show us the pics

AJS914

by AJS914

I've had to buy aftermarket brake bolts because the Campy ones haven't been long enough.

alcatraz

by alcatraz

I know it sounds crazy BRM but here in China, the stuff and postage is very cheap. Like Jay Leno says, If you could, you would.

In Europe where I used to live, these kinds of upgrades are just a waste of money.

I got a set of so called Planet X / Circus Monkey / Fouriers CNC brake calipers second hand and they are almost completely titanium and aluminum apart from some bolts and nuts. I thought maybe the seller switched the original titanium ones and I'm just restoring the stuff to it's original. :-)

/a

Sooperlite

by Sooperlite

BRM wrote:
alcatraz wrote:I am looking to replace my heavy steel nuts with something lighter.

yeah, really worth it . . . . :mrgreen:
You will make your bike lighter with it but its so marginal that you can't measure . . . . lol

weight the whole bike before and after and show us the pics

True, by itself it is not significant. However, it's the summation of saving 5g, 10g, 15g etc. On each part that does.

That's the approach a weight weenie will have, the big picture aka total weight.

Buy that bolt and be one step closers to your target weight :beerchug:

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com