Wert parts

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

HaakonJohansen

by HaakonJohansen

Hello there, all fellow weight weenies. Does anyone know anything about when or if Wert will start selling parts soon? Their products seems really interesting, but it seems to be taking forever for them to make production parts to sell. Are any of you funding them? If so, do they seem honest and professional?

Hope anyone can give me some insight

Kayrehn

by Kayrehn

I just entered a reservation form in the past, which doesn't bind you to a purchase anyway, but is far no news ever. Yesterday they just posted updates to their cranks, sheesh. You would have thought they would make those stems first since they are almost done and get a bunch of cash to fund other prototypes later.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

jekyll man

by jekyll man

Forgive me for laughing a little but the stem things been going on here for 3 years now??

So far all they are is a "design" company....
Official cafe stop tester

HaakonJohansen

by HaakonJohansen

Kind of what I was expecting to hear. It seems really strange that it should take such a long time to be able to sell a few stems if they really are as good as done. It says on their site that they would kick of the 2016 season with selling the stem, among a few other products, but they're way too late for that. I'll probably get the Extralite instead. Didn't mean for it to sound like the second best choice, although it might seem like that. I'd probably end up with the Extralite even if the Wert one was available, but I'm just curious.

wielergek

by wielergek

Patience please all, we are working hard to realise the revenue to start production and manufacturing.

Most issues are related to manufacturing.
We've looked at third party manufacturers but unfortunately they couldn't meet the quality we desire and expect to deliver.

At the same time we are looking to produce à complete bike with all Wert products. Unfortunately we can't publish all those parts due to copyright and legal issues yet. They are in process for that an that takes time.

While we are designing that complete bike, in the mean time we are also in the works for financing wich appear to be harder than anticipated or hoped for.

We are still short of at least €20.000 to start fabricating the parts ourselves. Only then we can deliver the quality we desire.

There are à few prototypes yes true, but they are for TUV stiffness and endurance testing.

À lot of issues are already adressed As of writing.

With kind regards,
Ted
Sport bicycle mechanic,
Carbon manufacturer,
Wert studio manager.

Once there was Pong, I was about 7, now just over 43 years later I have I iPhone 6s with Tapatalk.

HaakonJohansen

by HaakonJohansen

Thanks for keeping us updated. Appreciate you taking your time to check in on forums. One question though: Wouldn't it be better to concentrate on making some parts available sooner, than using time and resources on making a complete bike? For example a limited number of 200 stems or something to start with. This way you'd raise peoples awareness and interest a lot more. My guess is that this approach would make people a lot more interested in funding you.

Kayrehn

by Kayrehn

I know zilch about business and mechanical production so I can neither support or comment about your desire to produce a full bike first or to stick to the aim of handling production entirely in-house. But I can tell you as an interested consumer that along the way, our enthusiasm have pretty much faded. The stems seems like something that'll sell like hotcakes and you might even be able to devote your entire company on that product alone. For whatever reasons you might offer us, it's still baffling to me, because for a consumer like me, the only thing we are interested in is price and availability. Hope you can see things from my perspective.

ms6073

by ms6073

While I have no stake in the matter, the skeptic in me is thinking that response above sure reads an awful lot like the endless spin over the last 15+ years from another 'innovative' designer whose name shall not be mentioned.
- Michael
"People should stop expecting normal from me... seriously, we all know it's never going to happen"

corky

by corky

jekyll man wrote:Forgive me for laughing a little but the stem things been going on here for 3 years now??

So far all they are is a "design" company....

Exactly........vapourware, talk is cheap

mythical

by mythical

:lol: :popcorn:
“I always find it amazing that a material can actually sell a product when it’s really the engineering that creates and dictates how well that material will behave or perform.” — Chuck Teixeira

HaakonJohansen

by HaakonJohansen

Still no products for sale from this company? Wonder if we'll ever see some products made by them.

wielergek

by wielergek

The money counter is only at 3K now, we need at least 17K more to start manufacturing.
Regards,
Ted.

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

HammerTime2
Location: Wherever there's a mountain beckoning to be climbed

by HammerTime2

ms6073 wrote:While I have no stake in the matter, the skeptic in me is thinking that response above sure reads an awful lot like the endless spin over the last 15+ years from another 'innovative' designer whose name shall not be mentioned.

wielergek wrote:Regards,
Ted.
You might want to look into changing your name. :beerchug:

mythical

by mythical

Good one, but Ted is a minor partner and I'm pulling the cart on this one with the design and engineering work. Although the allocated budget is limited, and there are no other investors other than a few loving business partners, the developments are there, only behind the curtains so to speak.

In the past year, I've been very busy with other projects. Let's face it, virtual reality, robots and automotive are much more interesting and rewarding disciplines to work in that cycling.

That isn't to say that Wert Cycling is dead, it just means that I had to relegate its priority to a hobby after the lack of desired successes. I barely got to ride in the past few years but I look forward to become more aspect in this respect. I'm still encouraged to see that our parts are ahead of the curve and after all these years still have a potential place in the market.

If anyone here also happens to be at the Geneva Motor Show next week, don't hesitate to shout out. I wouldn't mind meeting up and talking cars instead of bikes.
“I always find it amazing that a material can actually sell a product when it’s really the engineering that creates and dictates how well that material will behave or perform.” — Chuck Teixeira

wielergek

by wielergek

Wert first product roll out.
Limited edition
http://www.ridewert.com/product/stick-shift-qr/

Verzonden met Tapatalk Pro

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com