Praxis pf30 weight? Is there pf30 that's light but not to expensive?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

TheDarkInstall

by TheDarkInstall

motorthings wrote:My first and only SRAM PF30 BB lasted 2k miles before starting to talk, while the Chris King BB that replaced it is going on 10k without any issues. The SRAM came installed from cannondale, so i'd hope it was not an installation issue.

I agree on the ceramic BB not being worth the $$, but my experience is only with the cdale ceramic bearings for BB30 that i replaced under warranty 5 times (each set lasting less than 1k miles) before getting crunchy.

You need to install SRAM PF30 BBs with Wakos Brake Assembly paste for them to run silently. That is the best thing for BBs, hands down, and I have tried everything. Ramming it in dry, or with simple grease is not good enough...

Ha, Cannondale glue in their BBs, so don't trust what they do regarding to this. And yeah, the ceramic bearings you get with high end Cannondales are SO crap. Exactly like you say, they go crunchy immediately. This is an issue with the quality of Cannondale bearings (which are FSA bearings) and the nature of hybrid ceramics themselves which is utterly unsuitable for the task given to them in the BB (and bikes in general).

I have never used a CK BB. Good to know it is still working for you. Did you install it yourself, and if so, what lube / assembly paste did you use with it?

:)

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

motorthings

by motorthings

TheDarkInstall wrote:I have never used a CK BB. Good to know it is still working for you. Did you install it yourself, and if so, what lube / assembly paste did you use with it?
:)

a friend at the shop installed it for me, and i watched, but don't remember anything special for grease (i'd imagine we followed the instructions)