HELP... Side sizing

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

upside

by upside

I am now getting up in age..60 to be exact. I would like to splurge for the first time on some nice cycling shoes, some Sidi Wires. I have to mail order so I would like to be as close in size as possible as no one within 100 miles has any to try on.

In the past I am a 44 in Specialized S Works, a 44 in the Shimano. From what I have read with Sidi's they say move up a size, so I am not sure what to do. I also need some room in the toe box and Sidi looks like for 2016 have enlarged that area.

If someone could help me I would appreciate it and are the Sidi's worth spending the $$$ on. Right now I have been on some Shimano 320's and I am happy. I have a high instep and thinking the Boa's I could fine tune my fit a bit better.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

dj97223

by dj97223

SIDI used to have a sizing sheet on their website that you could print and use to measure your foot. It may be still there. Make sure you print it correctly.
“If you save your breath I feel a man like you can manage it. And if you don't manage it, you'll die. Only slowly, very slowly, old friend.”

mr4fox

by mr4fox

I use a size 48 in normale shoes and my 48 Sidi wires fit perfectly. Love em! I really want to try some Sworks shoes as they're quite a bit lighter, yet according to Tour Magazine, give almost as good power transfer as the Sidis.

But I've never tried them on, nor Shimano so can't compare for you.

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

MJB

by MJB

I'm in a similar boat to O.P. in that I'm a 44 in Shimano and Mavic but I found Sidi Wire in 45 just a tad too large for me and 44 were simply too small...........

........ answer = Sidi Wire in size 44.5. I too have an elevated instep - the 44.5 combined with Superfeet Black semi insoles are perfect for me.

The Sidi Wire is manuafactured on a slightly different last than the previous Ergo models (from experience) - yes there is def. a little bit more toe and width in the Wire models than prev. models.

I have found Mavic Zxellium Ultmates the most comfortable road shoe straight out of the box. My Sidi Wires have taken the best part of a dozen rides to begin to mould to my foot to feel as good as the Mavic so much so that I now never think about my feet when riding irrespective of which shoes I have on my feet. Intitially the Wires are properly stiff and feel hard straight out of the box - don't let this put you off as they do eventually bend around your feet.

dmp

by dmp

I seem to recall a thread that discussed some of this before...
Anyway, I'm your age and ride in Sidi Wires. I've got narrow, low volume feet- B width in street shoes, ski in Full Tilt/ Flexons or plug-type boots- and Sidi shoes in general fit me well. The Wires have lots of adjustability with great comfort, but I'm not sure that I would describe the toe box as roomy, however mine are the 2015 model. I agree with MJB that the last is a bit different than the Ergos (my previous shoe), and they are also a bit shorter in length than the Ergo was.