New Specialized Headshok (Roubaix)

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

knukkeltje

by knukkeltje

Steph26ne wrote:Sure you coud do it with a few mods, but I never see a Venge on cobbles but a folding bike on the Tourmalet well :lol:

Then you should look better, I did the RVV on my Venge and I surely wasn't the only one! ;-)

That said, I don't like the 2017 Roubaix and doubt it will actually work as good Specialized claims. I don't see how this system will absorb the higher frequency vibrations.
But I could be wrong.

kgt

by kgt

Butcher wrote:
kgt wrote: Handlebars constantly moving up and down makes handling feel insecure to say the least.

What's the difference between the fork moving up and down vs the handle bars. Either way, they both would feel different compared to a bike with no suspension. I suspect the body would not notice a huge difference between the two [fork vs handlebar].

I suspect we will see soon if the pro's accept this or not.

Because you have a fork and headtube that vibrates under you. Road vibrations should be eliminated as soon as possible. That's why the best suspensions, to start with, are the tires. The moment the vibrations have reached the headtube (dissipating all over the frame in various directions) it is already too late. Just MHO.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

euan

by euan

Noone seems to be talking about the sag either, whether there is any, how much that changes the stack, how much it changes according to rider weight and I assume stem length.

And if there is no sag...