Ted Ciamillo Gravitas Cranks - Anyone else still waiting for a refund????

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

jimaizumi

by jimaizumi

Its relatively heartbreaking to see someone like Ted go from "Hero to Zero" due to his quickly deteriorating credibility. In his early stages, I had bought three pairs of brakes with very little issues (including a gravitas) and he even sent a free pair of cam's when Shimano announced their new Duraace 7900 model.

I still use my Gravitas and was contemplating reaching out to Ted for advice on how to widen the calipers to accomodate larger rims but I've come to the conclusion within myself that I'll be chasing a ghost.

What madcow said is absolutely true in regards to Ted being good with his hands but lacking any reliable skill with his brain such that he's built up a large contingent of people who are utterly disgusted by false promises.

Having that said, I do believe in second chances but at this point, he's gone over the edge to a point of no return.
THE PAST: 2005 C'dale R700, 2006 Spesh S-Works Tarmac Gerolsteiner, 2009 Pinarello Dogma FPX My Way, 2011 Time RXR VIP

THE PRESENT: 2016 Colnago C60 ST01, 2017 Wilier Cento 10 Ramato, Cinelli Gazetta

THE FUTURE: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

wingguy

by wingguy

MadScientist wrote:Instead of listening to his false promises, after a couple of strikes I threatened him with legal action and a visit to his workshop whilst in the US on business.

I got a refund.

Exactly! Just the threat can work a treat with people like this. If you appear to be a pushover, you'll get pushed over. If you sound like you might have teeth, he'll at least decide that you're not worth *f##k* with and pay you back before it costs him real aggravation. If enough people start doing this...

The guy in the other thread had hundreds of dollars sunk into Ciamillo, had been emailing him for years about it but wouldn't even contemplate simply threatening Ted with a lawyer because he said he didn't want to go through the hassle of actually suing him. It boggles my mind.... :noidea:

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

barsook77

by barsook77

ms6073 wrote:
lumbardcs wrote:Is anyone else in this situation OR has anyone else got their money back?

From the volume of threads I have read on various forums, I would estimate that more than 95% of those who ordered direct from Ted have never received anything more than hollow promises and endless excuses, much less anything amounting to a tangible refund. While I have no irons in this fire as I never had an interest in any of his products, you got to hand it to Ted as he has managed to leverage internet anonymity in order to maintain one of the longest running product scams of the modern era.

To that I would add the Cipollini/Divo connection with Diamant who have a sketchy relationship at best with their customer base when attempting to warranty their products. In other words ... STAY AWAY.

Rascal

by Rascal

I've ordered two sets of brakes (original ZeroGravityTi and Micro's) as well as a spring upgrade kit direct from Ted. All parts were received as expected in a timely manner. Sad to hear of all the others who have had slow or no-show receipts on their orders...
-Giant TCR
-CAAD5
-Klein Rascal

boyt666

by boyt666

hello guys ,

I`m also a victim of Ted , ordered a set brake calibers back in november 2013 , I was too patient.... but never received anything, and lost all contact and my money!
So did anyone took action against his company and how did it turn out?
Where can I complain or mail my evidence (order note)
I have the original order on mail , just in case...

please keep me in form, thanks !

sam.duyvejonck@telenet.be

moonoi

by moonoi

boyt666 wrote:
Fri Aug 10, 2018 5:27 am
hello guys ,

I`m also a victim of Ted , ordered a set brake calibers back in november 2013 , I was too patient.... but never received anything, and lost all contact and my money!
So did anyone took action against his company and how did it turn out?
Where can I complain or mail my evidence (order note)
I have the original order on mail , just in case...

please keep me in form, thanks !

sam.duyvejonck@telenet.be
Take a look in the Lekki8 thread, https://weightweenies.starbike.com/foru ... 0#p1416745

boyt666

by boyt666

thanks for the link , I will try to contact ewa or the other link and maybe joe from Irishcycles once again.... Visa creditcard refund wont work anymore after 5 years... only within 6 months....

thanks again for the reply!

beanbiken

by beanbiken

boyt666 wrote:
Fri Aug 10, 2018 6:23 am
thanks for the link , I will try to contact ewa or the other link and maybe joe from Irishcycles once again.... Visa creditcard refund wont work anymore after 5 years... only within 6 months....

thanks again for the reply!
Please update us on how you make out, i'm sure there will be some here interested to see if the Ciamillo's are good for their word in regards to "making amends"

BB
BB

Coffee & carbon

boyt666

by boyt666

I`ll certainly do , mailed to ewa his wife after reading the previous link , who seems to stand in as a problem solver .
Besides a buy from china with fake sportshoes ; but I got my money back from paypal... I never had any issues with onlinestores.
I also had some hope when I got a personal call from Ted and many months later a mail with a tracking number... the number never worked and never received the goods... almost celebrating 5 years of waiting ... shame on Visa and credit cards that there is only a time of 5 or 6 months for refunding or start a dispute...
come on Ted, take care of all the unfinished orders we also have to work hard to buy those nice parts.

boyt666

by boyt666

hello ,
i got a reply on my mail from ewa his girlfriend or wife, she asked me for the payment transfer ID details so she could refund... after 5 years ; a new bank and 3 renewed cards it`s impossible to trace this. the only evidence is a ordernote from the webshop ( madcows I suppose ) and a couple of mails with Ted.
here is a link to the new website from Ted with explanation how hard is was to keep his business running. there is also a email address if you have any problems or questions.

https://www.lekki8.com/about-us

If I had not paid it was impossible to complete the order or get a confirmation on my order at a webshop, right? and Ted would never mailed or called me up when I must not have paid for it?
so I hope for a little confidence of their side too...
greetz Sam

boyt666

by boyt666

hello again,
so I got permission from Ewa , ted's wife to put her email on the forum . So everyone who's got problems with delivery or payment ( refund ) can contact her at ewaciamillo@gmail.com

My case from 5 years ago has finally been resolved by receiving a full refund of my never delivered set of brake calibers. you must of course be able to show some evidence as an order ticket or credit card transaction code.

So thanks again for the previous link on this forum and Ewa of course for solving my problem.

sam