Light weight integrated bars on ebay. Anyone have experience with these?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Sooperlite

by Sooperlite

I've come across a very light set of integrated bars on ebay. I'm quite skeptical of the quality, however I haven't written them off as I have no information to validate my hunch.

Here are the bars in question. Claimed weight of 250g for 40cm width and 90mm stem length.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/281962290846

Anyone have these and would care to chime in?

Thanks

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

KarlC

by KarlC

I think these where talked about in the made in china handlebar thread

I really like the look of an integrated bar and stem, but the BIG down side is any Aero gain is lost in not being able optimize your body position.
C64 My Sixty 4 SR EPS 12

McGilli

by McGilli

These bars are very common on Ali right now. You can get them in any size stem and paint job - or unpainted carbon.

Going rate seems to average at about $70USD ---- so about half the price of the ones being sold on Ebay.

If you really want them - don't pay too much for them...

They go by the 'brands' of Superlogic, Platt, Tmaex, RXL, FCFB XXX, No Logo and others... All the exact as the one on Ebay - but for a better price.

mpulsiv

by mpulsiv

Relevant thread viewtopic.php?t=133865

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Racing is a three-dimensional high-speed chess game, involving hundreds of pieces on the board.

:arrow: CBA = Chronic Bike Addiction
:arrow: OCD = Obsessive Cycling Disorder

Sooperlite

by Sooperlite

mpulsiv wrote:Relevant thread viewtopic.php?t=133865

I actually read through this before posting. I didn't see any mention of the product in question :noidea:

Sooperlite

by Sooperlite

McGilli wrote:These bars are very common on Ali right now. You can get them in any size stem and paint job - or unpainted carbon.

Going rate seems to average at about $70USD ---- so about half the price of the ones being sold on Ebay.

If you really want them - don't pay too much for them...

They go by the 'brands' of Superlogic, Platt, Tmaex, RXL, FCFB XXX, No Logo and others... All the exact as the one on Ebay - but for a better price.

Thanks for the tip. They are a much better price on Ali.

mpulsiv

by mpulsiv

Sooperlite wrote:

I actually read through this before posting. I didn't see any mention of the product in question :noidea:

After all, you think it's a good idea to waste $120 on a product that never passed QA, not to mention sold from a random user from Shenzhen?

Racing is a three-dimensional high-speed chess game, involving hundreds of pieces on the board.

:arrow: CBA = Chronic Bike Addiction
:arrow: OCD = Obsessive Cycling Disorder

alistaird

by alistaird

mpulsiv wrote:
Sooperlite wrote:

After all, you think it's a good idea to waste $120 on a product that never passed QA, not to mention sold from a random user from Shenzhen?

Personally, I agree with this. I have no idea around the particular bars you are looking at, but I would prefer not to put myself at any greater risk especially with critical component like stem and bars.

But I do agree they look great :-)

A

Wookski

by Wookski

Really? Roll the dice on these pieces of $h!t for the sake of saving a couple of bucks?

Sooperlite

by Sooperlite

Wookski wrote:Really? Roll the dice on these pieces of $h!t for the sake of saving a couple of bucks?

Not really about saving money (but that is a plus) so much as to its a light weight setup.

Not sure why it can be called a piece of shit based off of perception. That doesn't validate the quality of the product.

On Aliexpress it had decent reviews, but not a huge sample size.

dgasmd

by dgasmd

What is Ali? Link?

KarlC

by KarlC

KarlC wrote:I think these where talked about in the made in china handlebar thread

I really like the look of an integrated bar and stem, but the BIG down side is any Aero gain is lost in not being able optimize your body position.

Actually they where talked about in this thread below .....

viewtopic.php?f=10&t=131523&start=30
C64 My Sixty 4 SR EPS 12

Sooperlite

by Sooperlite

After digging around more it looks like the bars are a copy of the Bontrager XXX integrated bar.

http://roadbikeaction.com/features/rba-features/first-look-bontrager-xxx-integrated-barstem

Roni1

by Roni1

I have been using these on my road bike and cross bike for past 6 months. Mine are 120 mm and weigh 276 grams. I love them.

kgt

by kgt

Its no name made in China origin would make me hesitant. Its 250gr weight makes me think that this product is pure junk.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com