Sl3 crack

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

miltmaster3

by miltmaster3

1 frame tarmac 2008 model warranty lifetime. The only thought is that after 2 or 3 years they changed to 5 years warranty . So far the shop call the official dealer to give the 2008 paper and ask for further warranty details.

in watt mode
πατα τραβα ρε

miltmaster3

by miltmaster3

πατα τραβα ρε

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Calnago
In Memoriam

by Calnago

That warranty you link to means nothing in your case as it even states for models 2013 and older to consult your owners manual or a dealer for the specific applicable warranty. So, if you've got your owners manual, or can dig one up on the internet, that's what I'd be showing to whoever is dealing with your warranty (even though they should be taking care of that for you). If it states "lifetime" then you should be covered. And lifetime in this case means as long as you, the original owner, have the product.
Colnago C64 - The Naked Build; Colnago C60 - PR99; Trek Koppenberg - Where Emonda and Domane Meet;
Unlinked Builds (searchable): Colnago C59 - 5 Years Later; Trek Emonda SL Campagnolo SR; Special Colnago EPQ

BRM

by BRM

Below is a list of available consumer organisations in Greece that offer practical consumer assistance.

http://www.ukecc-services.net/GRCO.cfm

miltmaster3

by miltmaster3

Thanks you all . I will keep you informed

in watt mode
πατα τραβα ρε

ChiZ01

by ChiZ01

looks like paint crack, my roubaix sl3 also has a few of them on the fork. I am guessing in 2011-2012 the paint they used do not have enough compliance

miltmaster3

by miltmaster3

ChiZ01 wrote:looks like paint crack, my roubaix sl3 also has a few of them on the fork. I am guessing in 2011-2012 the paint they used do not have enough compliance

i wish .......but it is not .......
πατα τραβα ρε

bikemaniack

by bikemaniack

Is that original painting??

tarmackev

by tarmackev

Limited lifetime warranty, does not mean the frame should last forever.
They're very clever with it.
If they determine the lifetime of an average carbon frame is 3 years than this it.
Also if 2 frames have broken already they may just put it down to poor maintainable.
I'm saying this is the case, it's just what I've seen with previous lifetime warranties and it all stands up in court.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

miltmaster3

by miltmaster3

bikemaniack wrote:Is that original painting??

Yes it is

in watt mode
πατα τραβα ρε

ChiZ01

by ChiZ01

miltmaster3 wrote:
ChiZ01 wrote:looks like paint crack, my roubaix sl3 also has a few of them on the fork. I am guessing in 2011-2012 the paint they used do not have enough compliance

i wish .......but it is not .......

only way to find out is to sand the paint down, or get the frame scanned by carbon repair

Dez33

by Dez33

Calnago wrote:That warranty you link to means nothing in your case as it even states for models 2013 and older to consult your owners manual or a dealer for the specific applicable warranty.

To my knowledge the Specialized frame warranty hasn't changed since at least 2008/09, it's always been lifetime. In any case the OP gets the benefits of the lifetime warranty even if the second bike didn't have lifetime warranty because with consumer law he can't be put in a worse position with the replacement.

I bought an S-Works Tarmac in 2008/09 and the lifetime warranty was one of the reasons the shop convinced me to buy from them instead of overseas. Just now I looked through 2012, 13, 14 and current warranty and it's still all lifetime.

Write to Specialized USA and ask for their warranty managers details as you want to try and resolve it before going legal. Pointing them to this thread will probably get quick action as well.

You may find some useful links by year and model here http://legacy.specialized.com/us/en/support/manuals

miltmaster3

by miltmaster3

Dez33 wrote:
Calnago wrote:That warranty you link to means nothing in your case as it even states for models 2013 and older to consult your owners manual or a dealer for the specific applicable warranty.

To my knowledge the Specialized frame warranty hasn't changed since at least 2008/09, it's always been lifetime. In any case the OP gets the benefits of the lifetime warranty even if the second bike didn't have lifetime warranty because with consumer law he can't be put in a worse position with the replacement.

I bought an S-Works Tarmac in 2008/09 and the lifetime warranty was one of the reasons the shop convinced me to buy from them instead of overseas. Just now I looked through 2012, 13, 14 and current warranty and it's still all lifetime.

Write to Specialized USA and ask for their warranty managers details as you want to try and resolve it before going legal. Pointing them to this thread will probably get quick action as well.

You may find some useful links by year and model here http://legacy.specialized.com/us/en/support/manuals

Thank you

in watt mode
πατα τραβα ρε

Butcher
Shop Owner

by Butcher

Dez33 wrote:Write to Specialized USA and ask for their warranty managers details as you want to try and resolve it before going legal.

I suggest that you read the clear print one where to get it resolved. If you are in Greece, certainly it would not take a lawyer to tell you, you are barking up the wrong tree.

'To exercise the rights under this Limited Warranty, the bicycle or frameset must be presented to an Authorized Specialized Dealer on the same continent (Asia, Africa, North America, South America, Antarctica, Europe, or Australia) on which the bicycle was purchased, together with a written proof of purchase which identifies the bicycle or frameset by serial number.'

miltmaster3

by miltmaster3

Butcher wrote:
Dez33 wrote:Write to Specialized USA and ask for their warranty managers details as you want to try and resolve it before going legal.

I suggest that you read the clear print one where to get it resolved. If you are in Greece, certainly it would not take a lawyer to tell you, you are barking up the wrong tree.

'To exercise the rights under this Limited Warranty, the bicycle or frameset must be presented to an Authorized Specialized Dealer on the same continent (Asia, Africa, North America, South America, Antarctica, Europe, or Australia) on which the bicycle was purchased, together with a written proof of purchase which identifies the bicycle or frameset by serial number.'

I when through the protocol. 1 local specialized dealer then he took photos and send it to the specialized central in Greece then they email Holland (it is the European head office of specialized)

in watt mode
πατα τραβα ρε

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com