FSA kforce WE new groupset

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

allardklijnstra

by allardklijnstra

FSA kforce WE groupset

Claimed weights:
Chain: 246 grams (114 Links)
Cassette: 257 grams
Rimbrakes: 299 grams

any thoughts? i'll try to update this post when more details/confirmations get released.
I am personally most excited for more competition between sram, shimano & campagnolo because as of now it looks absolutely hideous and it seems to need a lot of diffrent batteries.

Links:
(video)Prototype spotted by gcn: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aM9AdD0fGiY
(video)First look by gcn: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nx8TacbOddw
(video)First ride by gcn: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jr9vAPmp_OM
(article) FSA introduces the K-Force WE by bikeradar: http://www.bikeradar.com/road/news/article/fsa-introduces-k-force-we-groupset-47990/

Pricing:
1680-2200USD?
The new FSA K-Force WE group is set to be in stores March 2017, and price predictions from FSA are between the Dura-Ace Di2 and Sram eTap bracket.
Source: bikeradar.
Last edited by allardklijnstra on Wed Aug 31, 2016 4:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

allenpg

by allenpg

I'm not too impressed with either the FSA group or the Rotor hydro group. I've got Di2 on 3 of my bikes, and just like it because it works. The wires can be a pain to setup at first, but it's nice having one central battery that just needs charging every so often. I love the eTap concept, but haven't had a chance to try it. I know a few people who have used it and like it. Campy is Campy. I think FSA is only going to make inroads with the OEM market.

JamesGRC

by JamesGRC

'A new product that will change the way you ride your bike' some nice generic marketing crap put in the video. It seems to be a hybrid between etap and di2 however there are a lot of fsa fans out there so will probably sell fairly well

Shrike

by Shrike

Looks like actual shit. Did they rip the casings off 80's tat electronics?

XCProMD

by XCProMD

It has some interesting features. FD is still a difficult thing to get right in terms of package and aesthetics when made electronic. But the RD is really nice to me and the operation principle should be very reliable: it is a SunTour Superbe Tech from 1984 with a HT RC servo thrown inside (the electronics are far more sophisticated though)

The brakes are also intriguing, not so much the levers.

It's worth a try.

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk

HammerTime2
Location: Wherever there's a mountain beckoning to be climbed

by HammerTime2

Is anyone from Tinkoff or Direct Energie riding this in the Vuelta? The video shows dudes in their uniforms.

What about other FSA teams, such as Etixx (2015 was supposedly going to use it, but not yet available)?

Did anyone ride it in the TdF?

nemeseri

by nemeseri

I have no idea why would anyone switch from the other groupsets to this. If the price was so appealing I guess they would have already released it.

spartan

by spartan

best strategy for FSA follow lexus pricing.

in the car industry when lexus(toyota) entered the luxury car market they priced their cars thousands lower then the german competition. after the brand was established they increased the price gradually to match the germans

dura-ace/etap msrp $2700. fsa $1700. sacrifice profits to build product awareness.
Last edited by spartan on Wed Aug 31, 2016 4:13 am, edited 2 times in total.
Current Rides:

2023 Tarmac SL7 Di2 9270
ex 2019 S-works SL6
ex 2018 Trek Madone SLR Disc
ex 2016 Giant TCRAdvanced Sl
ex 2012 Trek Madone7

CBRE

by CBRE

Stupid, heavy, ugly, wires, battery in seat post, lame.
Curt Brown

2016 Cannondale EVO Etap 13.8#'s
2012 Cannondale Supersix EVO etap 13.7#'s
2017 Cannondale SUPER X Force 16.0#'s
2016 Cannondale FatCad2 28.1#'s
2011 Cannondale Carbon Flash 1 17.9#'s

F45

by F45

If I could get it for $1k I might put up with the heavy cassette and goofy looking crank. Maybe not though.

Ritxis

by Ritxis

FSA WE.............TISO v2.0

XCProMD

by XCProMD

No, the original project comes from another source than Tiso...

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk

borist

by borist

It will be interesting to see how many pro teams use it next year.
FSA don't have a good track record when it comes to the pros endorsing their products. Depends how much they are willing to pay I guess...

mrlobber

by mrlobber

Nothing revolutionary, however, I kinda like the concept.
1) Single wire between the derailleurs - no problem in modern frames, fit and forget.
2) Internal battery - basically every frame is compatible, again, a fit and forget concept
3) Brain in the FD - makes sense - no additional "control boxes" hanging around.
3) Wireless control levers again make sense, no additional wiring needed where it is the most complicated and un-aero.

Don't impressed by brakes or chain, there certainly are lighter and/or better options available.
Minimum bike categories required in the stable:
Aero bike | GC bike | GC rim bike | Climbing bike | Climbing rim bike | Classics bike | Gravel bike | TT bike | Indoors bike

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Shrike

by Shrike

GCN first ride.

Actually warmed to it slightly. Looks dreadful still, but it's definitely not short on good ideas. Personal fav is the shift levers, much preferable to Di2.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jr9vAPmp_OM