Scratch in 2016 Zipp 202 Firecrest Carbon Clincher

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Morta

by Morta

Guys,

Realized this scratch after today's evening ride. I am not aware of hitting anything. Maybe a road stone? Do I need to worry about it? I would put some clear coat on it and that's it...
Thanks of your help in advance!

FIJIGabe

by FIJIGabe

It doesn't look like anything, but I would check to see if the material is soft to the touch. If it is firm, keep riding.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Morta

by Morta

FIJIGabe wrote:It doesn't look like anything, but I would check to see if the material is soft to the touch. If it is firm, keep riding.

Is it possible to repair it? Do you guys know if Zipp has a crash replacement policy?

AJS914

by AJS914

It looks like nothing. How deep is it? I'd probably just put a little clear coat on it.

ms6073

by ms6073

I don't think you are going to get much traction with Zipp to replace the rim seeing as it is a minor chip of the cosmetic layer above the thickest part of the cross section of the 303 rim. I am thinking clear fingernail polish, which is thicker than paint, and will fill in the void.
- Michael
"People should stop expecting normal from me... seriously, we all know it's never going to happen"

em3

by em3

...part of doing business when you ride your bike. Looks like nothing but a cosmetic scratch (probably from stone or other)....no visible cracks. The first scratch always hurts the most, but don't let it ruin your riding....all scratches from here forth will be painless. Ride them in good health...

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com