Bottom Bracket Inquiries

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

PrettyA

by PrettyA

Hey guys, I have a Giant TCR Adv 2013 and it uses the standard shimano bottom bracket, I recently bought a rotor inpower 3D30 and I have no idea which bottom bracket I should get, any idea guys?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

sungod

by sungod

this chart should help you see which matches your frame and the crankset...

http://rotorbike.com/media/files/2012/1 ... 521655.pdf

Fixie82

by Fixie82

Giant use a BB86 shell which will require 41mm OD pressfit bearings with a 30mm ID. A search for 4130 bearings will produce a few results with Rotor 4130 being the most prevalent with either steel or ceramic bearings. I've found the Rotor bearings to be a little 'sticky' and not as smooth as other offerings. Currently I am using Hope 4130 bearings which are slightly more expensive but not as expensive as ceramic options. Kogel and Aican are ceramic options if you wanted a very high end BB.

I would recommend installing using Loctite such as 609 just to ensure a creak free ride.

ms6073

by ms6073

I can recommend the Hsc BB86/386 Ceramic Adapter Bottom Bracket which I used to install a SRM K-Force 386 EVO on a KTM Revelator Sky. I was going to use the FSA BB86/386EVO bottom bracket but it features an alluminum sleeve to join the two bearing cups which does not work on my frame due to a molded 'hump for the internal cable run on the bottom of the bottom bracket shell that required modification of the plastic sleeve that comes with the HSC bottom bracket.
- Michael
"People should stop expecting normal from me... seriously, we all know it's never going to happen"

reknop

by reknop

Fixie82 wrote:Giant use a BB86 shell which will require 41mm OD pressfit bearings with a 30mm ID. A search for 4130 bearings will produce a few results with Rotor 4130 being the most prevalent with either steel or ceramic bearings. I've found the Rotor bearings to be a little 'sticky' and not as smooth as other offerings. Currently I am using Hope 4130 bearings which are slightly more expensive but not as expensive as ceramic options. Kogel and Aican are ceramic options if you wanted a very high end BB.

I would recommend installing using Loctite such as 609 just to ensure a creak free ride.

https://www.c-bear.com/bbchart.pdf
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
https://www.cycling-review.net

lewolive

by lewolive

The 41/30 bearings are what you need.
According to my experience, it has never been necessary to glue the following bearings: Rotor 41/30 gold ceramic, Cyclingceramic 41/30.
I also used the Rotor 41/30 steel and when it started to creak, it was because of the rust that appeared.
Leaving enough grease, cleaning regularly is a good solution to give extra life to these 41/30 bearings. You have chance, Inpower crank is the easiest crank to remove for cleaning, it takes 10s to remove and 10s to remount with a torque wrench.

PrettyA

by PrettyA

Thank you guys so much!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com