EE Cycleworks partners with Cane Creek

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

corky

by corky

Ok, this all sounds a lot more positive and helps to alleviate any worries that the brakes might get watered down........

Hopefully it won't be too long before they are available again

spartan

by spartan

high production costs really :unbelievable: i believe 5 years ago ee moved to forged parts to cut costs, but msrp went up. i owned a pair. light reasonable power/modulation but dura-ace 9000 is vastly superior. the new 9100 have incresed the stiffness another 40%... stick with dura-ace and spend the money saved towards carbon wheels
Current Rides:

2023 Tarmac SL7 Di2 9270
ex 2019 S-works SL6
ex 2018 Trek Madone SLR Disc
ex 2016 Giant TCRAdvanced Sl
ex 2012 Trek Madone7

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

corky

by corky

spartan wrote:high production costs really :unbelievable: i believe 5 years ago ee moved to forged parts to cut costs, but msrp went up. i owned a pair. light reasonable power/modulation but dura-ace 9000 is vastly superior. the new 9100 have incresed the stiffness another 40%... stick with dura-ace and spend the money saved towards carbon wheels

This is weight weenies...... The DA are boat anchors compared to EE........

Marin

by Marin

Plus, how good brakes do you really need if you don't have serious finger strength issues?

There's only so much grip, and I can lift my rear wheel in the dry on brakes much less powerful than DAs.

jimborello

by jimborello

I hope they could bring prices a bit down. It is hard to justify 600 for a set of brakes no matter how good they are

jrmynthn

by jrmynthn

jimborello wrote:I hope they could bring prices a bit down. It is hard to justify 600 for a set of brakes no matter how good they are
I thought the same until I got onto a set. Timing is everything. With the news of the partnership between eeCycleworks and Cane Creek it's very coincidental. But if you or anyone else is interested I just posted my review of the eeBrakes. You can read the eeBrakes review here

sugarkane
in the industry

by sugarkane

spartan wrote:high production costs really :unbelievable: i believe 5 years ago ee moved to forged parts to cut costs, but msrp went up. i owned a pair. light reasonable power/modulation but dura-ace 9000 is vastly superior. the new 9100 have incresed the stiffness another 40%... stick with dura-ace and spend the money saved towards carbon wheels

The forged tooling is very very expensive.. Craig moved to forged parts as they are a lot stronger and have a higher stiffness to weight ratio. It certainly wasn't to cut costs.. He has always strived to produce the best product he can... And I don't know where you get your '9000 is vastly superior' comment from.. That's a total load of rubbish. A test done back to back with campag SR and shimano DA brakes by Matt Wikstrom at cycling tips was able to determine that the 9000s had a wee bit more power, on bontrager carbon wheels in the wet... And he's a very analytical tester who does a mountain of product testing... :roll:

newforker

by newforker

craig was always a pleasure to deal with, hopefully the quality stays the same, production is ramped up and other projects (crank) become available to the public..