Jersey; lightweight, race fit, no sagging areas...?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

TheDarkInstall

by TheDarkInstall

Thanks for all the suggestions.

1415chris wrote:Go size lower. Have Climbers, no issues, but the jersey doesn't snug me perfectly, that's my body fills in it nicely ;)
I found previous pro aero to have slightly tighter fit than climbers (the same sizes).

I can't go a size lower. I wear an S size, and the XS is too tight for my skeleton. I am 177cm, 62-64kg, and don't have any fat on me; the XS simply doesn't fit my frame. I don't have an abnormal body ratio anywhere (apart from the massively oversized nob, obviously), so this is a sizing issue with Rapha. I have seen others mention this in reviews and comments too.

The Pro Aero looked good, until I saw it in the flesh. It isn't as breathable as the Pro Climber jersey, and I really need something as light as this, due to living in a hot country which gets silly in summer.

Will check out all the other suggestions and see what they are like.

Cheers

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

TheDarkInstall

by TheDarkInstall

Oh yeah, and I am fully aware of the concept of club and race fit. See the title of the thread for evidence of this ;)

ChiZ01

by ChiZ01

champ sys summer jersey. lots of mesh panels throughout

rothwem

by rothwem

TheDarkInstall wrote: I am 177cm, 62-64kg, and don't have any fat on me; the XS simply doesn't fit my frame.

Ah, I think I found your problem. You need to work on your supplementation. I recommend india pale ale to correct the problem. Perhaps if its the winter time, a porter or a stout will work. Start with 16 oz/day and work your way up from there, within four weeks your jerseys will be more snug around your midsection.