Eurobike 2016

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

morrisond

by morrisond

[quote="FreaK"]I keep coming back to AX stuff, if it wasn't so hard to get in Canada, i'd probably seriously consider their offerings, and not just consider it nice unobtanium.

try blacksmithcycle.com in Toronto - they can get it easily and do all the time - Great pricing

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

wheelsONfire

by wheelsONfire

jvanv8 wrote:Probably old news by now, but a week or 2 ago I found myself in AX Lightness headquarters just before Eurobike. New UD carbon rims looked mint (gorgeous actually) and it's reported to be even lighter than the current weaved rim. I was afraid my departures from the road may tarnish the beautiful UD surface, but this would be an enjoyable problem to navigate.
New carbon saddles with several options for cut-outs and lightweight leather coverings.
From my understanding, the Vial Evo gets some updates with wider rear wheel clearances for larger tires. The seat tube nearest the collar gets a 1 or 2mm change to reduce stress risers in that area. I also heard rumors of a Vial Evo gravel bike but I did not see an example.

Also, a full carbon fiber twin car seating arrangement being layed up. Soon to be spotted on a 800hp super car on TopGear. It's likely they won't say the carbon seat was made by AX, but that'll be our little secret.

Finally they admit that area is too weak!
Also good idea to update the frame for larger tires.
Two things i really wish i had on my own frame.
One question though, if the frame is handling wider tires, what about the THM CT and 3T fork?
They'd need same update....
Bikes:

Ax Lightness Vial EVO Race (2019.01.03)
Open *UP* (2016.04.14)
Paduano Racing Fidia (kind of shelved)

Ex bike; Vial EVO D, Vial EVO Ultra, Scott Foil, Paduano ti bike.

spartan

by spartan

so mech doping at the protour is possible. 6 hours with 60 extra watts would make domestique climb like froomy.
9.3kg not that heavy. indurain rode 20lb bike to multiple mountain top victories in the 90's.

the integration is amazing

https://youtu.be/ugVEL8Wcogo?t=95
Current Rides:

2023 Tarmac SL7 Di2 9270
ex 2019 S-works SL6
ex 2018 Trek Madone SLR Disc
ex 2016 Giant TCRAdvanced Sl
ex 2012 Trek Madone7

pantani83

by pantani83

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... cUETFxvuFY

Missing descriptions will follow asap.

Delorre

by Delorre

jvanv8 wrote:From my understanding, the Vial Evo gets some updates with wider rear wheel clearances for larger tires. The seat tube nearest the collar gets a 1 or 2mm change to reduce stress risers in that area.

Also the Vial Evo Race is new, a beefed up version of the regular Vial Evo with more agressive geometry. BUT, take a look a the geo chart in the link below: that can't be correct, that's a pure endurance geo :shock:

http://ax-lightness.de/en/cycling/bike-components/frames/vial-evo-race-frameset/

mrlobber

by mrlobber

wheelsONfire wrote:Finally they admit that area is too weak!

Did you have problems there with your Vial Evo?
Minimum bike categories required in the stable:
Aero bike | GC bike | GC rim bike | Climbing bike | Climbing rim bike | Classics bike | Gravel bike | TT bike | Indoors bike

TurboKoo

by TurboKoo

I think this is pretty neat concept
Argon 18
Cannondale SuperSix
Shimano 9270

KB

by KB

Delorre wrote:
jvanv8 wrote:
Also the Vial Evo Race is new, a beefed up version of the regular Vial Evo with more agressive geometry. BUT, take a look a the geo chart in the link below: that can't be correct, that's a pure endurance geo :shock:

I tend to agree. I was looking at the 56, which suggests 'endurance geo'. But what puzzles me is the wheelbase, i.e., 978 when most frames around that configuration are approx 990 to 1,000. I've not experienced that before. would be interested to hear what the tech heads say.

lewolive

by lewolive

dgasmd wrote:Would love to see what's on the menu from LOOK, Colnago, TIME, Campagnolo, Pinarello, and others.

This is Look, we have the other brands as well, just need time to upload...

boysa

by boysa

Whoa. Can't say I like the 795. At all. Glad I still own a 595. It's looking quite sharp right now.
"Deserve's got nothing to do with it." William Munny

dereksmalls

by dereksmalls

That 796 TT looks awesome! It'd be on my list of bikes to consider if buying a TT bike

Zakalwe

by Zakalwe

That 795 gets uglier every time I see it

beanbiken

by beanbiken

Have no question of their creed but just can't come at the super slope of the top tube....... Not for me
BB

Coffee & carbon

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

tomycs

by tomycs

boysa wrote:Whoa. Can't say I like the 795. At all. Glad I still own a 595. It's looking quite sharp right now.

I wish Look would go back to the old Mondrian style paintschemes of 595 / 695 (on black or white, regardless)