Eurobike 2016

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

petromyzon

by petromyzon

Did you get to American Classic? Apparently they have some new rims....

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

weptunus

by weptunus

does anyone have some more info on the new Pro vibe 'cable integrated' bar and stem?
I've seen a few news items where they say stem and bar are cable integrated di2 ready, but can't really find any extra info as to what that actually means except that you can run the cables from shifter internally in the bars (where do they come out of the bars? or are they also run through the stem :?: :?: )
http://bike.shimano.com/content/sac-bik ... addle.html

calvin

by calvin

FXKalvis15 code at @montonsports

TheDarkInstall

by TheDarkInstall

Calnago wrote:
TheDarkInstall wrote:Stem only goes up to 115mm though... Surely a 120mm/42cm version would be really popular?

Trouble with the measurements of these types of bars is not knowing where they are measuring to. If it's 115mm to the center, and the tops of the bars are flat and wide, then the front edge of the bar could actually be further out than the front edge of a round bar with a 120mm stem, if that makes sense. Perhaps that's why the weird sizing is in play here?

All the info is here, which is where I got the initial point that they only go up to a 115mm stem.

http://ursus.it/products/road-racing/wheels/magnus-h01/

The length measurement is exactly standard, hence my bewilderment...

cyclespeed

by cyclespeed

I love that THM stem. Super light and aero too! Would be interested if less than 200 Euros, but I expect it's more like 400....:( !

Stueys

by Stueys

weptunus wrote:does anyone have some more info on the new Pro vibe 'cable integrated' bar and stem?
I've seen a few news items where they say stem and bar are cable integrated di2 ready, but can't really find any extra info as to what that actually means except that you can run the cables from shifter internally in the bars (where do they come out of the bars? or are they also run through the stem :?: :?: )
http://bike.shimano.com/content/sac-bik ... addle.html

That looks very smart, I like

petal666

by petal666

I read internal through bars to bar end junction box, then through stem into frame.

petal666

by petal666

A friend was mentioning that there was a new SRM with their own cranks as well as THM, but I can't find any info on it anywhere. Can anyone confirm?

MetaCarbon

by MetaCarbon

petal666 wrote:A friend was mentioning that there was a new SRM with their own cranks as well as THM, but I can't find any info on it anywhere. Can anyone confirm?

Here an article on Bikerumor:http://www.bikerumor.com/2016/09/02/eb16-srm-developing-cranks-wifi-pc8-uploads-coming-and-tons-of-colors/

petal666

by petal666

Thanks. Finally wifi upload.

jvanv8

by jvanv8

Probably old news by now, but a week or 2 ago I found myself in AX Lightness headquarters just before Eurobike. New UD carbon rims looked mint (gorgeous actually) and it's reported to be even lighter than the current weaved rim. I was afraid my departures from the road may tarnish the beautiful UD surface, but this would be an enjoyable problem to navigate.
New carbon saddles with several options for cut-outs and lightweight leather coverings.
From my understanding, the Vial Evo gets some updates with wider rear wheel clearances for larger tires. The seat tube nearest the collar gets a 1 or 2mm change to reduce stress risers in that area. I also heard rumors of a Vial Evo gravel bike but I did not see an example.

Also, a full carbon fiber twin car seating arrangement being layed up. Soon to be spotted on a 800hp super car on TopGear. It's likely they won't say the carbon seat was made by AX, but that'll be our little secret.
AX Vial Evo: 4970g
Addict SL : 5235g
My Cycling Blog
Strava: Wayward Cyclist

FreaK

by FreaK

I keep coming back to AX stuff, if it wasn't so hard to get in Canada, i'd probably seriously consider their offerings, and not just consider it nice unobtanium.

dereksmalls wrote:Yet they didn't bother putting their own brakes or cranks on it? Why?

I suspect it was part of a cross promotion with sram.

showdown wrote:Regarding the Colnago Concept...

I was just at Colnago North America here in Chicago yesterday for a long visit and got to spend some time with the Concept. It's a really attractive bike in person- the photos don't accurately capture how many different facets the frame has. In speaking with a friend I said that it looked very contemporary without looking like a "future" bike. It's not going to revolutionize the industry but it does diversify the lineup a bit. The cable routing is very elegant and would look great without them (Di2,eTap,EPS)

It probably won't kill the V1r as that it still the featherweight offering in the Colnago lineup and the C60 is safe as it's their biggest seller. The Concept is light enough, aero enough to be used as a crit bike or as a fast group ride bike etc...

One thing that was interesting is that most of if not all (I can't remember what was said) the joints (headtube, BB area, seattube/toptube/seatstay) have been wind-tunnel engineered for each size frame. That is, it's not the same design just bigger- each bike comes out of a unique mold for that size that had been tested and engineered for the best results. Whether or not all that aero data means anything is beyond me... Also clearance for 28mm tires though it appeared that maybe something larger could be squeezed in there... Aero gravel bike... :lol:

Sounds interesting in a few ways, hmm. The one with the gold arabesque they had on the EB stand makes it look like they're trying to do a new version of the President without saying so.
it's actually possible to come to the conclusion even before realising it makes no sense at all
-
tymon_tm

jvanv8

by jvanv8

It's not too hard FreaK - I was riding my AX in your town just a few months ago ;)
AX Vial Evo: 4970g
Addict SL : 5235g
My Cycling Blog
Strava: Wayward Cyclist

fignonsbarber

by fignonsbarber

I think one of the best bits of news is that Kask will be making the Mojito and Protone in S,M,L, and XL sizes in 2017, not just 2 sizes. Hopefully they also improved the shape to fit better as well.

F45

by F45

TheDarkInstall wrote:All the info is here, which is where I got the initial point that they only go up to a 115mm stem.

http://ursus.it/products/road-racing/wheels/magnus-h01/

The length measurement is exactly standard, hence my bewilderment...

And as usual, no 17 degree option.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com