Eurobike 2016

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

TurboKoo

by TurboKoo

KarlC wrote:
mrlobber wrote:Colnago aero bike, kgt, what are you going to say? :D
http://www.bikeradar.com/road/news/arti ... ero-48003/

Mockenrue wrote:Image

I kind of warmed for Concept but when I saw geometry chart on stack and reach I turned it down. Why can't they have constant ratio?
Cannondale SuperSix
Shimano 9270

bm0p700f
in the industry

by bm0p700f

Battery on the tablet ran too low to take as many photos as i wanted too and i ran out of time.

Fsa's new wireless gropset. I like the perspex bike they have mounted it too.

I was not able to find out much about it though.

Edco new pedals are interesting. With horizontal pedal body float they claim it will help those riders with knees that bow out. I dont see how but having a pedal that essesitally allows the q factor to float to waer the riders needs it to be sounds useful. Forgot to take a photo.

Park tool ts4. Even wheel jigs are getting bigger.

Can you guess what it is, its a wheels manufacturing bb press kit. I like shiney tools and i like this alot.

Cannondales in general dont float my boat but this is purple and i like purple.

The campag guy thinks a year of testing for there disc brake system. 2018 realease. Hoods are a bit big. At least we kjow where the resoviour is now.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

bm0p700f
in the industry

by bm0p700f

Met with irc too all the formula pro tyres have this file thread compound now. The formula pro fusion x guard with it extra punctire protection belt is now available in 25 and 28mm width. I am liking the formula pro rbcc tyres i am testing on my commutor. No cuts and ridden through slot of gravel. They grip well like the oldvslick version. Tyre tread has not worn down yet which is reassuring. Looking forward to winter now the fusion x guard is now wide enough. Irc also have a tubular tyre in the works. It was there but not on display. Latex tube not overly light (felt the same weight as a conti competitiom) if it has the durability of the conti competiton but with the ride quality and grip of the pave which it might do. If it is the tyre i hope it is then it could be winner that no one has yeard off. Hopefully they will send a pair to test soon.

I like fat bikes but i would prefer this on with dirt drop bars.

Damm forgot to look at the koga stand behind. They might have had something interesting.

This was the most interestjmg thing i could see on the conti stand. A 50mm top contact tyre. Yawn, oh the attack tyre is now 23mm.

Schwable have a marathon gt tyre. Looks good forgot to ask if it could be run tubeless. Might be a good winter tyre.
Last edited by bm0p700f on Fri Sep 02, 2016 9:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

bm0p700f
in the industry

by bm0p700f

Mavic products dont excite me much but there stand did.

New bars from thompson. The flared ond i like it has a fairly shallow drop. Want to try something like this in my xc bike for winter racing and maybe a cx race on the 29er.

New set back elite post and a carbon mastroiece that is 20g lighter than the alloy version.

New shimano r9100 sereis. The crank has been doped with steriods.

jorisee01

by jorisee01

Calnago wrote:Nice, that saddle looks pretty cool. Who does it, THM? Looks to be a modified Kit Carbonio, and like it might fit me, but the nose looks a little bit like it could be a "bib-catcher", which is really annoying. At first I thought the C59 was referring to the Colnago C59, but then the gram scale tells the story. Scary light.

It's a Selle Italia saddle. I like it a lot.

bm0p700f
in the industry

by bm0p700f

Miche have made a new 24mm axled track crankset. There track group.
Miche supertype mini geoupset.
I like the brakes. They are fairly light (sram red in weight) bit not black.
Given e bikes are everywhere miche are do drive train parts for bosch equipped bikes. Not the only company having after market bolt on's though.
I went to miche stand as i talked to them about making a sepecial hub run. Instead of getting a hub rebranded from bitex or novatec (which everyone does) i want a hub that no one makes. So all have to do is find a pile of cash which is possible and order 200 odd pairs.

Miche pedals bu the way are not weight weenie. They are based on the very reliable Look delta design.
Miche also have 10 speed carbon/alloy chainrings for shmani fc 7900 chainsets. Weight is 86g for a 50t chain ring. They also have rimg sets for fc 6800 chainsets. Which are clakmed tk be stoffer than the shimano rings. They look nicer too but i dont seem to have a photo so here a link.

disc brakes are on everything. Parlee stand
A bit bright but my wife likes it and so do i. Dorry that means i just thought about tri. Must go sit in a ice cold bath now.

Kinlin stand did not have things to photograph. They did however have a tb20 rim there. So i will be ordering so readonably priced light tubular wheels for disc and rim brake will be possible. They also had a mtb rom. Tl29 which is offset drilled and 35mm wide. Afforable too. So not ground breaking but unless you ask they keep it hidden.

I did feel sorry for the two girls on some video screened trainer machine looking far too hot and bored. They seem to have been there because they where girls and it was way to warm there to turbo train.
There was a saddle stand which i ignored. The ladies there where pretty but it did look obvious that the reason why they where there in tight short dresses is becsuse they where pretty. They might be very knowledgleable too. Sexism is alive and well in the bike trade.
Last edited by bm0p700f on Fri Sep 02, 2016 11:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.

showdown

by showdown

Regarding the Colnago Concept...

I was just at Colnago North America here in Chicago yesterday for a long visit and got to spend some time with the Concept. It's a really attractive bike in person- the photos don't accurately capture how many different facets the frame has. In speaking with a friend I said that it looked very contemporary without looking like a "future" bike. It's not going to revolutionize the industry but it does diversify the lineup a bit. The cable routing is very elegant and would look great without them (Di2,eTap,EPS)

It probably won't kill the V1r as that it still the featherweight offering in the Colnago lineup and the C60 is safe as it's their biggest seller. The Concept is light enough, aero enough to be used as a crit bike or as a fast group ride bike etc...

One thing that was interesting is that most of if not all (I can't remember what was said) the joints (headtube, BB area, seattube/toptube/seatstay) have been wind-tunnel engineered for each size frame. That is, it's not the same design just bigger- each bike comes out of a unique mold for that size that had been tested and engineered for the best results. Whether or not all that aero data means anything is beyond me... Also clearance for 28mm tires though it appeared that maybe something larger could be squeezed in there... Aero gravel bike... :lol:

Grill

by Grill

bm0p700f wrote:Edco new pedals are interesting. With horizontal pedal body float they claim it will help those riders with knees that bow out. I dont see how but having a pedal that essesitally allows the q factor to float to waer the riders needs it to be sounds useful. Forgot to take a photo.

Time/Mavic pedals already do this. It works.

bm0p700f
in the industry

by bm0p700f

Of course mavic pedals fo this. I forgot all about mavic pedsls as i never see them on bikes.

Martin.F

by Martin.F

Any info on the Schmolke rims?

HammerTime2
Location: Wherever there's a mountain beckoning to be climbed

by HammerTime2

bm0p700f wrote:There was a saddle stand which i ignored. The ladies there where pretty but it did look obvious that the reason why they where there in tight short dresses is becsuse they where pretty.
Pics, or it didn't happen.

Calnago
In Memoriam

by Calnago

bm0p700f wrote:...There was a saddle stand which i ignored. The ladies there where pretty but it did look obvious that the reason why they where there in tight short dresses is becsuse they where pretty.

Great summaries @bm0p700f, thanks a lot. But I had a chuckle at your statement above... Uh, ya think. Lol
Colnago C64 - The Naked Build; Colnago C60 - PR99; Trek Koppenberg - Where Emonda and Domane Meet;
Unlinked Builds (searchable): Colnago C59 - 5 Years Later; Trek Emonda SL Campagnolo SR; Special Colnago EPQ

bm0p700f
in the industry

by bm0p700f

Hammer time might have looked like a perve taking photo's of the pretty girls. I passed on that look.

solarider

by solarider

I have also been a Campagnolo die hard for years.

I recently moved to Etap on my rim braked bike and won't look back.

I still have EPS on my disc braked winter bike with Avid mechanical brakes. I was waiting for Campagnolo discs being launched at EB'16 but my brand loyalty has now been tested beyond its limit by Campagnolo's tardiness at catching up with the market. EPS V1 and then V2 were sub optimal, followed just as quickly by V3 meant expensive upgrades in quick succession to get the same ability to charge an internal battery that Di2 managed from the start. Their R&D is just too slow and the finished product just too compromised.

So, regrettably it's cheerio Campagnolo and hello Etap HydroHC. For the first time since I started riding seriously at the age of 16 (30 years ago) I won't own a single bike with Campagnolo. The emotional connection that has maintained my relationship with the brand despite a few duff years is finally over. Feels like the end of the affair, but I have ended it, so not so sad!

Now, where's that SRAM dealer......

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

petromyzon

by petromyzon

Very interested to hear that Schmolke are making rims - anyone have any more?
Also American Classic allegedly have some new alloy rim-only options for the handbills crowd - any more info on weight and cross section especially on those with a brake track?