Etap upgrade - thoughts

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

G6612

by G6612

I am getting close to pulling the trigger and getting Sram Etap and I have just a few questions as I believe it has been out long enough and people with experience can get me going in the right direction. My current bike is a 2013 Cannondale Super Six Evo SISL2 cranks with Spidering with 10-speed Sram so if I am not mistaken I will need to upgrade to 11-speed.

My hub is already 11- speed so no problems.
Etap upgrade kit
New cassette Sram 11-28
New 11-speed chain - KMC ??

Can anyone advise if this setup should work with no problems or recommend any other components that may work better. (manufacturer)

cjc

by cjc

I think no problem with you'll buy equipment.
10-speed trans to 11-speed, different chain width, same Length.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

sungod

by sungod

it'll work

why a kmc chain rather than sram? either way i'd fit a wippermann connex link, it's easy to remove/refit, the kmc/sram 11-speed links are single use and probably need a tool to remove

this is the main etap thread, from about the point people started fitting it, there're a few hints/tips in there that may help...

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=127375&start=585

...main thing to check is the clearance from the fd low limit screw to the crank when shifting to the big ring, depending on frame/crank sizing/geometry the screw may be too long (grind a couple of mm off the end or get a shorter screw)

for non-yaw chainrings you may need to experiment with the fd alignment to avoid rub if/when cross chaining big-big, with praxis works rings i positioned the cage a bit higher with the trailing end pointing a smidge inwards, took a few goes but got it in the end

G6612

by G6612

The reason for KMC is just because that is what I have always used. I think I will use the following and see how it performs.

Sram Red 22 XG-1190 Power dome 11-28 cassette
Sram Red PC1190 11-speed chain