Ultegra 6870 di2 Rear Shifting Problem

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

ms6073

by ms6073

Multebear wrote:And it works everytime. I've done it ever since I got the bike two years ago. I've even seen my LBS mechanic use that trick as well.

A few minutes reading the Shimano Di2 user manual for the SM-EW90 A/B (UM-7FE0A-002-00) and as others have already stated, that is not an auto-adjustment feature, but the crash protection recovery mode. While it is not indicating in the tech docs, I suspect the 'auto adjustment' is simply that the derailleur returns factory default spacing:

About the RD Protection function

* Rotate the front chainwheel while restoring operation after the RD Protection function has been activated.

If the bicycle receives a strong impact, the RD Protection function operates and the connection between the motor and the link is momentarily severed so that the rear derailleur will no longer operate. This is done in order to protect the system at times such as if the bicycle falls over. If this happens, press the button on junction (A) for 5 seconds or more. This will restore the connection between the motor and the link and clear the RD Protection function for the rear derailleur. If recovery cannot be performed through button operation, manual operation is also possible.
- Michael
"People should stop expecting normal from me... seriously, we all know it's never going to happen"

goodboyr

by goodboyr

The spacing is fixed and doesn't change. Adjusting only shifts the "zero point" up and down. And as you said, the crash protection recovery does nothing to a non crashed Rd, other than running through the gears up and down.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com