Replacement Hoods for Campag SR

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

welchy

by welchy

Hey Guys and girls,

Just wandering if anybody is having any experience using aftermarket hoods on their Campag groupo?
I am finding my SR hoods super slippery, yes I don't wear gloves and obviously this would be advisable, but are there more coarse replacements?

Photos of yours if you have any would be epic!

Mine currently look like this:

snaaijer

by snaaijer

http://www.wiggle.nl/campagnolo-powersh ... remkappen/

Those have more grooves than your current hoods, and look to have the same shape as your shifters (even though it says powershift), but don't quote me on that. I haven't personally used them.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Ebruner

by Ebruner

Those '15 Campagnolo hood are the business. I personally would not dream of swapping them for something else. IMHO.

-Eddie

Calnago
In Memoriam

by Calnago

Yes I have to say that the new hoods feel the best ever. The rubber is harder, the surface is kinda like a Conti Competition tubular in places, and I wouldn't trade them for anything. The pre 2015 hoods are more "slippery" than these but I've never found that to be a problem with either version.
Wouldn't even know what to suggest that is less slippery in the way of shifter hoods.
Colnago C64 - The Naked Build; Colnago C60 - PR99; Trek Koppenberg - Where Emonda and Domane Meet;
Unlinked Builds (searchable): Colnago C59 - 5 Years Later; Trek Emonda SL Campagnolo SR; Special Colnago EPQ

boysa

by boysa

Agree. The latest iteration is the best yet. A few years back, in an attempt to save a few pennies, I tried some Hudz and they were really slick. I won't make that mistake again.
"Deserve's got nothing to do with it." William Munny

fogman

by fogman

Are the 2015 replacement hoods compatible with 2014 SR shifters?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It's all downhill from here, except for the uphills.

Calnago
In Memoriam

by Calnago

Supposedly not... but some have done it. @SLCBrandon? I think the nibs on the underside of the hoods that fit into the actual body are slightly different and maybe some other stuff. I haven't tried it so maybe @SLCBrandon or someone who has can talk about the specific differences and if it's a good final fit or a cludge, and if they stay in place in all conditions.
Colnago C64 - The Naked Build; Colnago C60 - PR99; Trek Koppenberg - Where Emonda and Domane Meet;
Unlinked Builds (searchable): Colnago C59 - 5 Years Later; Trek Emonda SL Campagnolo SR; Special Colnago EPQ

helldiver

by helldiver

Yes, they are fully compatible, i have them on my 2013 powershift athena (left shifter) and 2013 ultrashift chorus/record (right shifter) bodies. Really better then the old ones.

fogman

by fogman

The pre-2014 has part number EC-SR500. The 2015+ has part number EC-SR600. My LBS told me both shifter bodies have the same shape and so the hoods are fully compatible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It's all downhill from here, except for the uphills.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

welchy

by welchy

Thanks for all the messages and help guys, looks like I'll be investing in some gloves to save my clammy hands from slipping off the hoods when I am in the Pyrenees next week!