Cervelo 2017 product news

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Sacke

by Sacke

Only new products are a S3 disc (Two models) and a new TT/Tri bike... Assuming that's the Beam bike.

Does anyone have any images of color schemes yet?

Sent from magic technical device.

AZR3

by AZR3

Where'd you read this? Got a link?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

mrlobber

by mrlobber

The TT/Tri bike was already promised early this year with the 140.6 campaign. S3 with discs sounds nice, good they didn't follow the Vias route with a S5 disc frankenstein :D
Minimum bike categories required in the stable:
Aero bike | GC bike | GC rim bike | Climbing bike | Climbing rim bike | Classics bike | Gravel bike | TT bike | Indoors bike

snaaijer

by snaaijer

I think the Cervelo beam bike is just fanfiction to be honest. Would be shocked if they went that route.

wingguy

by wingguy

The only 'new' Cervelo TT bike announced so far in the new dealer manual is a P5 with eTap in a new colour. So whatever it is they have in the works I think they're still working on it!

P5 with eTap does imply that Sram have a new blipbox or DI2 style brake levers coming out though, because the current blipbox definitely doesn't play nice with the Aduro.

TiCass

by TiCass

Can you give us some details about the S3 2017 rim brakes?

deek

by deek

I'm in the market for a new aero road bike and was hoping for a rim braked S3 to come out soon. Bummer if it's just a disc version.

sanddancer

by sanddancer

I'm praying they don't release the Team GB track bike in GB colours...that could get me in real trouble with the missus.

Sacke

by Sacke

AZR3 wrote:Where'd you read this? Got a link?

No link, overheard at the LBS who had received information ahead of Eurobike. :D :popcorn:

uraqt

by uraqt

Doesn't Cervelo have to sell the BG track bike to the public? The rules say they have to and they are pretty good at following the rules. Also since they have be support pro teams, one of their market lines has been why develop a bike an not sell it?

C

The question will be can you afford it, is it in your size and will you be able to find a shop that has one.

pyrahna

by pyrahna

They have to sell it by rules....the way GB Track has gotten by this in the past is they sell it for extortionist level prices. Want the new Hed 3 like wheel they were riding....order away

http://www.uksport.gov.uk/resources/track-cycling

but you Amex black card better be at the waiting!

In regards to Cervelo it will be interesting if this is a marketing/R&D exercise or if they are planning on actually selling the bikes at silly but attainable costs.

cyclenutnz

by cyclenutnz

snaaijer wrote:I think the Cervelo beam bike is just fanfiction to be honest. Would be shocked if they went that route.

prepare to be shocked. Seriously

As for the comments about T5GB - I asked the Felt Distributor here about the USA bike. One size, pursuit only. Retail price the same as a low model luxury car. That is how the pricing for such things works.

Hopefully they do a taiwan T5 to make the tech available at a sensible price

998nox

by 998nox

I don't like this design,too

uraqt

by uraqt

Well for the Felt bike, I would assume that it includes everything, as the wheels are special for that frame too. I would also guess that it's made in USA by Felt, as they don't want the molds out in the open or the layup recipe.

C

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Sacke

by Sacke

It took a while, but there it is...

Apart from being disc, a new seat post, and a garmin mount for the Cervelo aero-bars.

Too bad the disc specificness means having that aweful FSA crankset.