Stiff and Light Handlebar/Stem Combo

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

3Pio

by 3Pio

In this moment im using Zipp Service Course SL80 Handlebar (80 reach, 125 drop), and Fizik Cyrano R1 Stem in 110mm length.

Im noticing that something is very flexy in this combo (still not sure if it's handlebar or stem, or probably both).

Can someone recommend me stiff and light handlebar (around 80mm reach), and also matching stem?

I dont like AERO handlebars :) and prefer regular, round ones...

Thanks

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

benzebub

by benzebub

interested in this as well.. currently have the SL80 handlebar and love the shape (especially the long part on the drops, I love the room my hands have), I'm looking for something with similar shape and dimensions but a bit stiffer.

Perhaps the newer Easton handlebars are stiffer? Is the carbon Zipp bar stiffer?
But I could be wrong

3Pio

by 3Pio

benzebub wrote:interested in this as well.. currently have the SL80 handlebar and love the shape (especially the long part on the drops, I love the room my hands have), I'm looking for something with similar shape and dimensions but a bit stiffer.

Perhaps the newer Easton handlebars are stiffer? Is the carbon Zipp bar stiffer?

What stem do u use?

Do u feel a lot of flex in Zipp bar u have?

I also like the shape. It's very similar (look to me the same), as my old MOST Jaguar XA Handlebar. But old one was very heavy (more then 300 gm), and all the vibrations from the road was going to my hands, and on long rides it was not very nice :)

3Pio

by 3Pio

Thanks a lot.. This seem very usefull.

reknop

by reknop

:thumbup: :thumbup:
Too bad the Extralite Hyperstems are not in 1 1/4", so for now I'll stick with the Ritchey 4-Axis stem-handlebar combo.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
https://www.cycling-review.net

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

3Pio

by 3Pio

reknop wrote:

:thumbup: :thumbup:
Too bad the Extralite Hyperstems are not in 1 1/4", so for now I'll stick with the Ritchey 4-Axis stem-handlebar combo.

Im wondering how stiff is it, and what is actual weight of Deda SuperZero stem.. Look for me like nice match to Colnago C60. Anyone tried it?