Nike Wing Sunglasses....$1200 to be more aero and look even faster!!!

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

mimason

by mimason

Who would rather have a couple Tifosis and some nice wheels instead? ...Well me for one.

I can appreciate the finer things in life and those are Maui Jims for leasure and water activities but I trash cycling gear and these wouldn't last 2 years for me.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

seanmolin

by seanmolin

Wonder how long until Nike leaves the sunglasses business like they just left golf.

seanmolin

by seanmolin

mimason wrote:Who would rather have a couple Tifosis and some nice wheels instead?

I'm a sunglass geek (rocking some McQueen Persols right now), and I have to say that for cycling I'm a big fan of the cheap Tifosis!

mythical

by mythical

I say wear whatever you like. Also: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u-pfjsnYiAQ
“I always find it amazing that a material can actually sell a product when it’s really the engineering that creates and dictates how well that material will behave or perform.” — Chuck Teixeira

AJS914

by AJS914

$1200 sunglasses are just a big advertisement. They will also take advantage of those that want exclusive things so they'll sell a few pairs at that price. Then, they will have the trickle down version at $400 which more people will buy. But, with topics like this and articles in Wired, the glasses have done their job.