Looks like the new De Rosa Protos 2017

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

corky

by corky

I like this one.....

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

kidrob

by kidrob

^^chocolate :wink:

The orange one is sexy though :shock:

corky

by corky

Black red, brown blue, white red, yellow green, orange blue, silver orange.

ThePhoenix74

by ThePhoenix74

Anyone is currently riding a Protos 2017?

I'm interested in getting feedback... very limited amount of good reviews on the net...

corky wrote:Black red, brown blue, white red, yellow green, orange blue, silver orange.

Lafolie

by Lafolie

to be honest......I just think the previous Protos still puts the new one in the shade. It's a hard act to follow and totally unique. The new Protos looks like many frames coming out of Taiwan with an Italian name on it. At least the previous Protos was hand made in Milan and was a real design statement. It also goes like the wind !

td100

by td100

Lafolie wrote:to be honest......I just think the previous Protos still puts the new one in the shade. It's a hard act to follow and totally unique. The new Protos looks like many frames coming out of Taiwan with an Italian name on it. At least the previous Protos was hand made in Milan and was a real design statement. It also goes like the wind !

Agreed, if your buying a prestige heritage Italian brand it SHOULD be made in Italy. Who would buy a Ferrari that was made in Taiwan?
Colnago C59 Italia
Fondriest TF2 1.0
Time Skylon

ThePhoenix74

by ThePhoenix74

100% sure it's not made in Italy?

td100 wrote:
Lafolie wrote:to be honest......I just think the previous Protos still puts the new one in the shade. It's a hard act to follow and totally unique. The new Protos looks like many frames coming out of Taiwan with an Italian name on it. At least the previous Protos was hand made in Milan and was a real design statement. It also goes like the wind !

Agreed, if your buying a prestige heritage Italian brand it SHOULD be made in Italy. Who would buy a Ferrari that was made in Taiwan?

Seedster

by Seedster

Im certain it's not made in Italy. They might add the Protos to the Black Label program, which is made in their factory in Italy.

The new King - replaces the King XS - will be coming soon and can be ordered custom sizes and colors for the Black Label series. I almost ordered one from Cicli Corsa.

td100

by td100

Seedster wrote:Im certain it's not made in Italy. They might add the Protos to the Black Label program, which is made in their factory in Italy.

The new King - replaces the King XS - will be coming soon and can be ordered custom sizes and colors for the Black Label series. I almost ordered one from Cicli Corsa.

If you order a Black Label Protos it's the previous model which was made in Milan. I cannot see how they can offer the new model as it looks like a monocoque.
Last edited by td100 on Mon Jul 24, 2017 9:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Colnago C59 Italia
Fondriest TF2 1.0
Time Skylon

Seedster

by Seedster

They make subtle changes to the design when made in italy in order to facilitate tube to tube construction. I am not sure if the black label option will be available for the Protos, only De Rosa can answer that for sure. I just know the king made in asia will have brakes by the bottom bracket and the black label version will have them mounted on the seatstays, illustrating how they modify the designs subtly when doing a Euro manufacturing effort.