veloflex Clincher tires?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

boramee

by boramee

Anybody has experience with Veloflex clincher's tires?
Record & Corsa in particular. Cornering? Traction? Puncture resistance? Duration?

I normally use (race) on Conti Supersonic 20mm, but they last no more than 700-800 km rear... altough they are great in handling, cornering and WEIGHT, of course...

bikerjulio

by bikerjulio

I've got the Veloflex Corsa in "25 mm".

Too early to tell on durability. I like them but they run surprisingly small. About the same size as a Michelin 23 mm.
There's sometimes a buggy.
How many drivers does a buggy have?

One.

So let's just say I'm drivin' this buggy...
and if you fix your attitude you can ride along with me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GekiIMh4ZkM

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

boramee

by boramee

bikerjulio wrote:I've got the Veloflex Corsa in "25 mm".

Too early to tell on durability. I like them but they run surprisingly small. About the same size as a Michelin 23 mm.

Thank you for your advice.

helldiver

by helldiver

I have experience with Corsa in 23mm, no puncture in ~1200km of riding, my girlfriend was riding them after me for maybe 1500 additional km, no puncture, still going strong.

Faapaa

by Faapaa

They have been my favorites for 3-4 yrs, master & corsa. Think they're better than vittorias, better grip on wet and does not get that perforated. Puncture resistance is good enough

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nobuseri

by nobuseri

I use VeloFlex Masters (25mm). Very good tires and I use them paired with latex tubes. They are not as durable as the GP 4000 SII tires I used to use, but the ride is a lot more supple and they grip great in dry weather, and acceptable in the wet.

Been riding and racing them for the past couple seasons (Master 25mm, Corsa 23mm)
Cicli Barco XCr Road
Moots VaMoots
Parlee Z1
SuperX Hi-Mod Disc

nickf

by nickf

Been using corsa/ masters for years full time before I went to tubulars. They are now on my clincher backup wheels. Fantastic tires. I run them with latex tubes also. Puncture resistance is ok. Mine currently have a few cut but nothing I'm going to worry about.

Delorre

by Delorre

I've used à pair of corsa 25 tyres this year. After 2.5k km switched front to rear ans vice versa. Not 1 puncture in 4.5k km's Nothing spécial to mention, but i've not expérienced the fantastic ride qualités everyone is raving about. Even with 90psi for 70kg weight. I'm back on Contis now.

c50jim

by c50jim

I've been using Masters and Corsas for several years now. I loved Vittorias but found that the rears only lasted a little over 1000 km. Vredestein were better, Veloflex better still since they last pretty well (just changed a rear that must have had 3000 km or so on it) and seldom flat. I've also used Michelin Pro Race recently and prefer the ride and handling of the Veloflex. I'd say their ride quality and handling are similar to Vittoria, better than Michelin and Vredestein, durability more like Michelin, which is good.

I was using Veloflex 23s for a long time and bought a batch of 25s last year. I took one of those and a new 23 out of the box and measured them when they originally arrived. They were identical. I measured the 23 before I took it off and the new 25 after I installed it and found the measurement identical as well. However, even the 23s are nice and round on Velocity A23 wheels, even if both 23 and 25 are pretty vertical on Velocity Aeroheads, Campy Zondas and Neutrons (old narrow rims).

Wingnut

by Wingnut

My only complaint is they run narrow...they're supple, smooth and I've had only one puncture a half dozen years...

bikewithnoname

by bikewithnoname

Been riding Corsa's, Master's, Extreme's and Carbon's (last 2 are tubs) for the last 10 years. Love them.

Agree that they come up a bit narrower than spec, and are remarkably puncture resistant. Big fan!
"We live in an age when unnecessary things are our only necessities." Oscar Wilde

micky

by micky

Big fan here as well, the only downside is that they dont last long enough.

dj97223

by dj97223

Agreed. Pair them with latex tubes and the ride is close to tubular.
“If you save your breath I feel a man like you can manage it. And if you don't manage it, you'll die. Only slowly, very slowly, old friend.”

coppercook62

by coppercook62

just picked up 5 for 25 each on sale at online retailer

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

sanrensho

by sanrensho

coppercook62 wrote:just picked up 5 for 25 each on sale at online retailer

Care to spill the beans?