2017 NEW TIME SCYLON?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Wormiez

by Wormiez

leej88 wrote:
Wormiez wrote:Main difference for 2017 besides the rename
- Disc brakes
- Aesethetics
- Custom colour option available from factory
- Rear post is "better" integrated into frame and sits higher

For some reason, the custom colour option doesn't seem all that "custom" as it's simply a few more colour scheme for us to choose from. Correct me if I'm wrong.

As for "the rear post being "better" integrated into the frame and sits higher", would you be able to elaborate on that as I've not heard this from the dealer. Do you mean to say that the seatpost slots in and out of the seat tube with more ease?

From my understanding Time is being more open in custom color scheme's. That's something you need ask your dealer or the local distributor for. They should have custom colors available outside of the color scheme found in their catologue.

One of the weakness in the earlier Time Skylon frames is the rear post. If you look at pre-2016 frames and team skylon frames the seat-post slots is lower to the frame. They improved this in 2016+ frames, by integrating it better with the frame, making the seat-post stronger and extending it higher in the frame.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

leej88

by leej88

Wormiez wrote:
leej88 wrote:
Wormiez wrote:Main difference for 2017 besides the rename
- Disc brakes
- Aesethetics
- Custom colour option available from factory
- Rear post is "better" integrated into frame and sits higher

For some reason, the custom colour option doesn't seem all that "custom" as it's simply a few more colour scheme for us to choose from. Correct me if I'm wrong.

As for "the rear post being "better" integrated into the frame and sits higher", would you be able to elaborate on that as I've not heard this from the dealer. Do you mean to say that the seatpost slots in and out of the seat tube with more ease?

From my understanding Time is being more open in custom color scheme's. That's something you need ask your dealer or the local distributor for. They should have custom colors available outside of the color scheme found in their catologue.

One of the weakness in the earlier Time Skylon frames is the rear post. If you look at pre-2016 frames and team skylon frames the seat-post slots is lower to the frame. They improved this in 2016+ frames, by integrating it better with the frame, making the seat-post stronger and extending it higher in the frame.

Ah that makes sense. This only applies to Scylon frames without the translink option right?

I was looking at translink frames all along and could not figure out the difference you were talking about.

As for the custom colour scheme, it will be great if they allowed for custom colours that are beyond the catalogue. Had I known about it i would have picked a silver colour scheme like their ltd ed. ulteam 30 but without the red. Love that colour!

ninjabrewer

by ninjabrewer

I do wish there was a Time dealer near me. The Fluidity is at the top of my short list.