Cyclemeter and iPhone, new Garmin, or Wahoo??

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

seanmolin

by seanmolin

ELEMNT all the way. The wife has a RFLKT+ and, while it works usually, she envies the ease, reliability, big screen, and Strava live segments.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

CAAD997

by CAAD997

I picked up a RFLKT on ebay back in the spring for $40 just to try it and like it. I created a custom screen to show 6 metrics and that is enough for me. I like that I can keep my mobile phone in my jersey pocket since the RFLKT is just a display, not a computer.
Two wheelers rock!

glepore

by glepore

Sorry, just saw the question. Yes, I think the bugs are worked out now. It was bad enough early on that I gave up. But they're so cheap now that if you don't need nav, they're a nice choice. I did notice they discontinued the plus (mine is a plus) so idk if the ant+ bridge leads to unresolved battery issues. I actually leave the screws out on mine and remove the battery between uses. It only sees use now as a backup for times when I forget to charge my garmin. But at its pricepoint, its stellar.

One note, with a powermeter the display lags quite a bit, compared to my garmin. Ok for longer efforts but not good for short burst intervals.

Oh yeah, if you get one, I have a couple scoche speed sensors that are spares now...or you can just run the gps on the phone if you're not doing a 5 or 6 hr ride.
Cysco Ti custom Campy SR mechanical (6.9);Berk custom (5.6); Serotta Ottrott(6.8) ; Anvil Custom steel Etap;1996 Colnago Technos Record

TristanH

by TristanH

Hi. I just posted a similar reply in another post about the Wahoo Element ... have you considered the NEW Polar M460. The M450 was a great GPS bike computer, this newer model add LIVE Strava Segments just like the Element Bolt and Edge 520/820. Polar M460 (Polar Website)