Deda NEW 2017 Superleggera RS Components

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Nitemare

by Nitemare

http://www.dedaelementi.com/?product_cat=superleggera-rs&lang=en

Just noticed these RS bar and stem on Deda site? Are these new to the range as I've not seen them advertised anywhere?

Nitemare :thumbup:
Last edited by Nitemare on Fri Aug 12, 2016 4:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

AJS914

by AJS914

Looks new. If you read the page, it says they have a "Duracer" ceramic coating.

Those Italians. Nobody realized that Duracer sounds so much like Dura Ace?

Nitemare

by Nitemare

Hi yes i noticed that Duarcer and I TOO thought its was something to do with Dura Ace.

Being a Campagnolo "nut" I thought at first nah they'll not adorn my machines!!! lol

However, I do like the look of these NEW 2017 items?

jcumpstay

by jcumpstay

These look really nice. Looking forward to seeing them on retail sites.

Sent from my SGP771 using Tapatalk

TheDarkInstall

by TheDarkInstall

Cool. I had the first version of the bars and stem. The bars were shit and couldn't handle the correct clamping nm on the shifters or stem without crushing. Deda claimed user error then miraculously updated the design completely. I got the new one after wrestling with the dickhead importer and they have been solid ever since.

What is different about the new ones? Do the offer internal routing to take the new di2 end plug interface?

qorwlch

by qorwlch

new design is good~~~
:x

thp

by thp

Yay! no more shaving off red bits.

russianbear

by russianbear

Are they still using italian scales to weight these.

5 8 5

by 5 8 5

Can't speak for the Superleggera weights but I weight a pair of Superzero carbon bars recently -
42cm
Claimed 215g
Actual 219g

So not too bad!

BRM

by BRM

AJS914 wrote:Looks new. If you read the page, it says they have a "Duracer" ceramic coating.

Those Italians. Nobody realized that Duracer sounds so much like Dura Ace?

You simple don't know much about coatings. :wink:
eg For ages they discuss non-stick coatings for fry pans like Teflon.
The replacement for these group of older non-stick coatings are (Dura) Ceramic coatings.
There are different Ceramic coatings used for different things.

But some random brandnames:

Duramax
Duraslate
Duraceram
DuraCeramic™
DuraCer

You see, Duracer now suddenly doesn't look so odd . . . .

jkpeter

by jkpeter

:thumbup: It's new design is simple, and good to me, i think

I replaced a handle bar 3T Ergonova to Deda Superleggera recently.

I expecting next year's riding

3Pio

by 3Pio

Are this bars changed in structural way, or just paint? Looking lovely, but if it have the same amount of flex in handlebar as before, for me its almost non usefull for real riding.

My friend have it (the 2014 model), and it most flexy bar i ever had a chance to see

TheDarkInstall

by TheDarkInstall

3Pio wrote:Are this bars changed in structural way, or just paint? Looking lovely, but if it have the same amount of flex in handlebar as before, for me its almost non usefull for real riding.

My friend have it (the 2014 model), and it most flexy bar i ever had a chance to see

Yeah, the original SuperLeggera bars were ridiculously flexy. I had these. They were also soft as shite, and the clamping area crushed in and the bars died. The updated versions are stiffer, and the clamping area a lot better. I think the new versions came out after 2014, but I could be wrong. These new ones, which are the 3rd version, I have yet to try, so can't comment on their stiffness...

Do they have holes ready for routing the new Dura Ace electronics? Looks like they don't.

3Pio

by 3Pio

TheDarkInstall wrote:
3Pio wrote:Are this bars changed in structural way, or just paint? Looking lovely, but if it have the same amount of flex in handlebar as before, for me its almost non usefull for real riding.

Yeah, the original SuperLeggera bars were ridiculously flexy. I had these. They were also soft as shite, and the clamping area crushed in and the bars died. The updated versions are stiffer, and the clamping area a lot better. I think the new versions came out after 2014, but I could be wrong. These new ones, which are the 3rd version, I have yet to try, so can't comment on their stiffness...

Do they have holes ready for routing the new Dura Ace electronics? Looks like they don't.

Can't wait for someone to actually post review about flex and how it's for installing Campagnolo levers.. Im still in search for upgrade for my Zipp Service Course SL-80 Alloy Handlebar. Im satisfied with road buzz apsorbing, just want to upgrade in term of the weight, but to dont have more flex then i have now.

Also im finding out that internal cable routing is making more dificult for install, so i prefer round bar, with no cable guides (or maybe like Ritchey Superlogic Evo cable guides), less then 200 gm, but stiff enough, and good compatibility with Campagnolo Levers. Maybe this new Superlegerro will tick what im looking for? :)

cadence90

by cadence90

TheDarkInstall wrote:

Is there some way to tell by the graphics which are v.1 and which are v.2?
"Gimondi è un eroe umano, che viene sconfitto ma che continua la sua corsa fino a tornare a vincere." - Enrico Ruggeri

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com