specialized frame Paint changes colour

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

DaReef

by DaReef

TheDarkInstall wrote:Between this, and the evidence from Luescher Teknik that Specialized actually know what they are doing when it comes to working with carbon, I am thinking I might be in the market for an S-Works (once they make it lighter, add DM brakes and hanger, and let me design my own paint job, obviously).

These bikes are not heavy. Tarmacs can be built under 15lbs. The frame is so versatile it all depends on what you want. Where I live there are mostly rolling hills so I built mine for that: Zipp 404 NSW, full SRAM Red/Etap, Quarq power meter, Zipp SL70 aero bars, Look pedals. Weighs just under 16lbs.

The fancy paint job Tarmacs tend to weight a little more, if I was going for weight I'd pick a simple paint pattern S-works, custom Enve rims, Speedplays, and Red mechanical. Should easily be under 15lbs.

I do wish Specialized had a custom paint program.

ksolar

by ksolar

Thanks, DaReef.....I'm pretty sure we bought the bikes from the same LBS in Roswell, Ga? The salesman gave me a link to the photos of your bike, when I was trying to decide how to build mine. To the questions about the weight....mine comes in right at 15lbs.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

DaReef

by DaReef

Yes. Great bike shop. Glad I helped make your wallet lighter...um...you faster! Hope your enjoying yours as much as I'm enjoying mine. Is the first pic on the Silver Comet?
Last edited by DaReef on Thu Dec 29, 2016 5:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

RedRacer

by RedRacer

TheDarkInstall can you tell us more about this comment? Did I miss something?

...and the evidence from Luescher Teknik that Specialized actually know what they are doing when it comes to working with carbon, I am thinking I might be in the market for an S-Works...

TheDarkInstall

by TheDarkInstall

RedRacer wrote:TheDarkInstall can you tell us more about this comment? Did I miss something?

...and the evidence from Luescher Teknik that Specialized actually know what they are doing when it comes to working with carbon, I am thinking I might be in the market for an S-Works...

Yeah, Luescher Teknik is a guy from Australia with a Youtube channel. Very knowledgeable about carbon, which is the focus of his videos. One of the things he does is cut carbon stuff in half, and analyse it. Frames, forks, bars, etc. On one of his videos he has a Specialized cut in half, and the carbon work was very good indeed, including reinforcements around the BB area, smooth carbon, no problems such as wrinkling, voids etc., which a lot of the other 'top' brands were displaying.

ksolar

by ksolar

Is the first pic on the Silver Comet?

Yes, it was on the silver comet. It was my first ride on the bike and I loved it. I don't live in Ga. anymore but I grew up in Roswell and have family there. I've purchased every bike I've ever owned from Roswell bicycles. Top notch shop and people running it!