Carbon saddle not fitting

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

rbynck

by rbynck

Hi Weight Weenies!
I'm doing a light yet rather cheap build mostly for looks and as a summer/winter project, however I ran into some problems..
I got myself a china full carbon saddle and thought that I could just pair it up with any top-bottom clamp seatpost, however my Deda RS-EL seatpost doesn't fit it. The rails seem to be spread to far apart compared to the "rail-guides" on the clamp. Some said the problem was that "It is not made for oval rails", however the problem is clearly the distance between the rails.
Is this just a china f*ck-up or?
https://vid.me/PH2r

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

corky

by corky

Caveat emptor.......Latin for buyer beware......

rbynck

by rbynck

corky wrote:Caveat emptor.......Latin for buyer beware......

So it's a bad seat? Or just a generic carbon component from China comment? Sorry to be rude, but I do not really get where you are going with this.

ultimobici
in the industry

by ultimobici

Try the post with a regular saddle. If that fits it suggests your Chinese saddle is not right.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Calvaroz

by Calvaroz

If I remember well, I had the same thing with a forza Cirrus with carbon rail. It wasn't fitting with my seatpost. Replaced it with a deda seatpost and the problem was resolved.

Do you have another seatpost to try?

rbynck

by rbynck

Pulled in a favor and got my friend to test with his seatposts in his shop - and it didn't fit any of them :evil:
Well, I guess you get what you pay for... Thanks for the help though!

TheKaiser

by TheKaiser

If the build definitions are that it should be cheap, good looking, and a project, then you could perhaps custom fabricate a clamp to fit the saddles rail gap. Depending on how much extra metal there is on the Deda one, you could widen the grooves, or if you have another post that uses a clamshell tube cradle with front/rear bolt adjustment there are tons of threads on here where people describe making their own cradles from carbon tubes. These could easily be made to any width you desire.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com