FELT FR FRD

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

spartan

by spartan

https://cyclingtips.com/2017/06/felt-fr ... greatness/

a honest review of the felt. even with ee brakes the chainstay brakes are SH***T. james huang is a rarity in the industry super honest advertising revenue be damned :up:
Current Rides:

2023 Tarmac SL7 Di2 9270
ex 2019 S-works SL6
ex 2018 Trek Madone SLR Disc
ex 2016 Giant TCRAdvanced Sl
ex 2012 Trek Madone7

njyeti

by njyeti

I think James's review is very fair. I'm very happy with my FR2 but I purposely avoided Etap with the bb mounted bottom bracket. While less sexy, Ultegra Di2 works very well and the bb braking is much better than I had expected.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

KWalker

by KWalker

Nothing a decent set of segmented housing can't fix. But definitely a downside.
Don't take me too seriously. The only person that doesn't hate Froome.
Gramz
Failed Custom Bike

Imaking20

by Imaking20

^this

53x12

by 53x12

spartan wrote:https://cyclingtips.com/2017/06/felt-fr1-review-a-rear-brake-away-from-greatness/

a honest review of the felt. even with ee brakes the chainstay brakes are SH***T. james huang is a rarity in the industry super honest advertising revenue be damned :up:

I use the Shimano direct mount rear BB brake for my AR. Works flawlessly. Disappointed to hear the EE doesn't work so well. I agree with KW that segmented housing is a must and will definitely help.
"Marginal gains are the only gains when all that's left to gain is in the margins."

prendrefeu

by prendrefeu

Has anyone modified their seatposts (beyond trimming them for weigh reduction) ?
In other words, has anyone made a custom seatpost for this frameset (ie, lighter in mass) or edited their seatpost the same way Donald would do?
Exp001 || Other projects in the works.

liketoride

by liketoride

prend i dont the FR-Frd but i have the ar-Frd and had berk come up with his own clamping system for me. Took it from 250g stock to 162g. I am 90KG so i couldn't go Donald on it. He is amazing at cutting weight out. He is also really light so he has that going for him as well.