Help! Wilier Zero7 vs. Cento1 SR - diff question than usual

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Zero7ATX

by Zero7ATX

Hi:

I'm delighted you guys talk Wilier pretty often, because I have a problem: Long story short, I've owned a Wilier Zero7 for the past couple of years, and have raced it with success (mostly road, a few crits). Unfortunately, two weeks ago it was destroyed in a crash winding up for a sprint - frame broken through in two places #^(.

Although I can climb well, am mostly a sprinter - and the reviews of the new-gen Zero7 (2015+) say it can be a bit flexy for a sprinter. So, was planning to buy a Cento1 SR as a replacement, then magically found a 2014 Zero7 frame (previous gen) new-in-box, at a steep discount. Yay! Immediately ordered it, it showed up, and I happily registered it with Wilier...to find out it's a 2012 frame, not a 2014 as advertised.

I'm already investigating how a four-year-old bike can be new in the box. Assuming there's a reasonable answer (!), I'm just a bit twitchy at spending thousands of dollars on a four-year-old frame, sold by a dealer that mis-advertised it.

So here's my question: I could switch to a 2016 Cento1 SR, which is arguably better for a sprinter, but reviews have noted a harsher ride than the Zero7. Or I can stick with the 2012 Zero7 frame, knowing that I love that bike. Both bikes would be running DA DI2, with Enve classic 45s. Is the ride quality of the Cento1 SR noticeably different than the Zero7? Does it climb well? Or should I be okay with buying a four-year-old frame and sticking with a great ride...?

Appreciate the help!

Cheers

kgt

by kgt

Since you are a sprinter 101 SR is a much more suitable frame IMHO.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

mimason

by mimason

I would want a huge discount for keeping the '12 zero7 or just get the '16 Cento SR if not. The 2015 Zero7s are noodles so I wouldn't go there.