Specialized Sprint for 2017 info from my LBS

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Hapsmo911

by Hapsmo911

I am considering an Allez Sprint atm. I like the X2 last year but it was a limited model and sold out super fast. I checked with my LBS on the availability of the 2017's last week who contacted Specialized for me today and I just got the response. I am liking the color descriptions. I loved the RAW from last year. The Black/Metalic may be my choice, but I would assume this will be speced similar to last years limited edition. Having Roval wheels and Sram Force. I dont need the wheels nor the force but love the raw look. I am in the US if you wanted to know.

"I just got off the phone with Specialized and all of the model year 17 Allez Sprints will have a braze on for a front derailleur.

At the moment, they do not have any framesets available, but they have are releasing 4 different limited colorways that will become available starting in the next couple of weeks through to December.

The colorway descriptions for the framesets are:
BLACK/METALLIC WHITE/CHECKER
BRIGHT PINK/TARMAC BLACK/LEOPARD
PURPLE ANODIZED/METALLIC WHITE/ZEBRA
Satin Gloss Black Ano Flake Silver
Pictures of these frames will be released over the next couple of weeks.

If you want to get one of these bikes sooner than later, the Allez DSW SL Sprint Comp is available now in size 56.

Here are pics:

Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Cheers,"

Samklee15

by Samklee15

If you look up the Allez Sprint hashtag on Instagram which is just #allezsprint you'll find the photos of all the new 2017 colors that you're referencing. I tried to upload the photos of them from Instagram myself but I'm on my phone and the forum is saying the file size is too large.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

steventran

by steventran

The 2017 colors are quite bold. I like the frame colors, but the zebra and leopard print forks are too much for me. I admit, however, that I don't even like those prints on women. Still excited though. I just started crit racing and the price on these are right. I'm sure the colors will grow on me and I'll eat my words and get the zebra one.

Hapsmo911

by Hapsmo911

Samklee15 wrote:If you look up the Allez Sprint hashtag on Instagram which is just #allezsprint you'll find the photos of all the new 2017 colors that you're referencing. I tried to upload the photos of them from Instagram myself but I'm on my phone and the forum is saying the file size is too large.

Nice.... Found a few that matched the descriptions given in the email.

grilledcheese

by grilledcheese

The gold frame with red fork from last year looks really nice in person
https://www.specialized.com/us/en/bikes ... set/114841

boysa

by boysa

^ Agree 100%. It looks much better live. I saw one at a race last week and it was sharp.

As for the leopard and zebra... :noidea:
"Deserve's got nothing to do with it." William Munny

raisinberry777

by raisinberry777

Both leopard and zebra would look so much nicer if the forks were black or colour matched to the frame.

Nefarious86

by Nefarious86

So much want for a pink allez
Using Tapatalk

Shrike

by Shrike

Pink with leopard fork looks boss.

topflightpro

by topflightpro

My wife wants the Pink one with the Leopard print fork.

I think the purple with Zebra looks pretty sweet.

I'm not a big fan of the white with chrome fork though. And I saw a green with black fork that seemed pretty nice as well.

Tom14

by Tom14

I've seen the one with the zebra fork in real life. It looked really cool. Better than on a photo.

And yes, the one you see on the foto is the one I've seen IRL ;)

mannequinforce

by mannequinforce

Where can I get the white with chrome. Holy crap.

Ultimatek

by Ultimatek

Specialized favorite painting is really cool.

gingineer

by gingineer

Love the white and chrome. Anyone know how they achieve this? Is the chrome actually just a chrome sticker, Or is it truly a chromed fork?

If it's a sticker- anyone have concerns about durability with sun/washing/scratches/knicks? It'd be pretty infuriating to buy it and discover it isn't durable due to it being an illusion...

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Samklee15

by Samklee15

gingineer wrote:Love the white and chrome. Anyone know how they achieve this? Is the chrome actually just a chrome sticker, Or is it truly a chromed fork?

If it's a sticker- anyone have concerns about durability with sun/washing/scratches/knicks? It'd be pretty infuriating to buy it and discover it isn't durable due to it being an illusion...

It is a carbon fork so it's just painted with a chrome finish. Mine has been holding up great but like any other chrome surface you just have to be careful what you wash/dry it with. I've always been careful drying it with towels but it has still picked up some minor surface scratching that's hardly noticeable.