New Shoe Time !

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

ajmit3

by ajmit3

Hi guys,

Just wondering what road shoes I should get. Obviously. it's a really personal choice. I have quite narrow feet and have a pair of ancient Sidi Genius 5 Pro Road Shoes in a 42 ( US 9). They are an awesome fit... I don't want to spend more than $200 USD. I really like the Boa system.

I was thinking

1. SIDI - get Sidi Genius 5-Fit shoes from Wiggle. The 'safe' option.

2. SPIUK 16RC - These look interesting.

3. S-works - get second hand pair. Not that common to get second hand in decent condition really.

Any thoughts?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

kgt

by kgt

Unfortunately you must try before buying. Many options for $200 but it only depends on what fits your foot better.
+1 on the Boa system, you 'll love it.

helldiver

by helldiver

What about Northwave Evolution Plus ? Boa system, reasonable weight (~550g pair in size 42), stiff sole and they are looking very good:
http://www.wiggle.co.uk/northwave-evolution-plus-road-shoes/

Antoine

by Antoine

$102 there:

https://www.merlincycles.com/bont-blitz-road-cycling-shoes-80119.html

unlike others brands they give the measurements (szing as Vaypor S)

I have a pair, super stiff, good arch support, super efficient

wingguy

by wingguy

The new 2016 Fizik range is super nice - the fit is not ultra-narrow but definitely not wide. Probably a touch roomier than standard Sidi, but very comparable fit. The R4 would definitely hit the budget, you might be able to get the R3s with full UD carbon sole if someone had them with money off. They don't have the ultra plush feel of Sidi but they mold around the foot very well and should be quite a bit lighter for a given price.

Like said above though, anything you haven't worn before you want to try them on before committing - or order from somewhere with a no-hassle returns policy!

mimason

by mimason

Re: #3 Can I sell you my used bibs too? I've got a nice sweaty strap helmet for you as well. :beerchug:

Please don't buy used shoes if you have $200 to spend. There are plenty of good options for that price.

I find Mavics and DMT to fit narrower as well as the Sidis you already have.

cyclespeed

by cyclespeed

I would happily buy a good used pair of Sworks 5 shoes for $200 as I don't like the 6's, and the 5's fit me great. (I'm 41 if anyone's selling!)

On a side note, I contacted BOA as one or two of my dials on my 5's had lost their 'bite'.

They sent me 4 new ones in 2 days, which I've now fitted and the shoes are now almost like new! Great service.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com